WTB Lift Pump for my 2001

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
just an FIY. if the pump dies..the car will stall and will have a hard time starting back up. wont throw any codes either.
happened to me and thought it was the injection pump....turned out to be the lift pump

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
just an FIY. if the pump dies..the car will stall and will have a hard time starting back up. wont throw any codes either.
happened to me and thought it was the injection pump....turned out to be the lift pump
same thing happened to me on my '04 .... at work ... had to get a tow to get home :mad:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
On a BEW, yes, you could be left stranded if it fails. But not with an ALH (if you use an OEM pump with the bypass tube present). The injection pump will still pull fuel from the tank. The lift pump is there as a helper to get more fuel to the IP at high RPM.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
On a BEW, yes, you could be left stranded if it fails. But not with an ALH (if you use an OEM pump with the bypass tube present). The injection pump will still pull fuel from the tank. The lift pump is there as a helper to get more fuel to the IP at high RPM.
when i installed my lift pump in my ALH, i did the whole bypass tube mod on it as well.
when my pump motor died in the lift pump, the gas pedal would become dead, no response, rpms would drop and then die. i was not able to restart the car by cranking it. only thing that worked was starting fluid (i know its bad) OR hooking up a tow rope to another car and forcing it to push start.