2015 TDI tuning

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I just found someone who has the tuning for a 2015 TDI in Toronto. Actually it seems you do it yourself via the OBD II port.

Does anyone have any experience with UNITRONIC tuning ?

What appeals to me is the fact that I could have it done now and even having to take the car back to VW for the fix it can be reset to stock and after the fix it can be retuned. It adds 28Hp to stock and 48lb torque to stock. That is approximately what my former 2002 Jetta got from a tune and bigger nozzles.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I'm pretty sure that flash counters can't be reset on a Mk7 ECU, so "flashing back to stock" won't necessarily spare you being flagged TD1 and effectively voiding your powertrain warranty. At least this is the common wisdom on the GolfMk7 dot com. YMMV

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm pretty sure that flash counters can't be reset on a Mk7 ECU, so "flashing back to stock" won't necessarily spare you being flagged TD1 and effectively voiding your powertrain warranty. At least this is the common wisdom on the GolfMk7 dot com. YMMV
Is there any way to find out if this is correct ?

If so I guess your suggestion is for me to wait until after the fix is installed.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
It may be obvious, but is there confirmation from Unitronic/Malone that the tunes work with the "TDI fix"?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Instead of guessing or getting the wrong information, why not just ask the tune manufacturer? They will have the correct answer or is this just too much common sense?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Instead of guessing or getting the wrong information, why not just ask the tune manufacturer? They will have the correct answer or is this just too much common sense?
Sometimes not so if you're looking for unbiased information.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
You are taking one heck of a risk by making a decision what that is. I would go with the manufacturer.
What you'll often get from a manufacturer is a statement similar to:

"JimBob's Tuning has received no reports of a customer being denied a warranty claim when they uninstalled their JimBob tune before taking their car to the dealer."

That's about the most you're going to get and that won't do much for you. It also doesn't get to the root of whether VW Corporate (who requires dealers to scan ECUs and send it to them on big ticket powertrain failures) can still see flash counts on ECUs with uninstalled tunes.

I don't have the answer to that, but again, I've read some folks on Vortex and GolfMk7 be pretty adamant that they can and that you'll be flagged TD1.

Last edited: