TDIFest 2013 -Looking for Expressions of Interest

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Hi Everyone,

Since TDIFest 2012 is coming up quickly, it not too early to start thinking about TDIFest 2013. Often there is a lot of talk about where TDIFest should be, but the reality is the key is the WHO and not the WHERE.

Like last year, I'm starting the process a little earlier with a requesting "expression of interest" by a group interested in hosting and planning the next TDIFest rather than a full proposal from the get go. I will then work with the groups to see if a viable proposal can be put together.

With this in mind the first thing I'm looking for is an "expression of interest" which is easier to put together and will require the following:
  • At least five(5) TDIClub members who are are willing to work together as a group to hosting the next TDIFest.
  • The location you think would work for the next TDIFest and where at least of the group lives nearby.
  • A few reasons why this location would be a good fit

Given that a perfect opportunity to network with TDIFest organizers is coming soon at TDIFest 2012, I am asking that these expressions of interest be submitted by August 30th. If one or more of your group is present at TDIFest 2012, we can use this opportunity to network with some previous organizers to your group put together a good proposal.

After that the next step will be to put together an official proposal and send it to me. I will then select the next group and location from the submitted proposals. For details on what is required for the proposals, please check out a previous years thread on putting together a proposal..

If you have any questions fire me an email or PM and remember the expressions of interest are due by August 30th.

Thanks

Last edited:

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Just a quick bump regarding TDIFest 2013 and expressions of interested. In the coming weeks I'll be updating the requirements for putting in bids as well as setting a date. If you are thinking about getting TDIFest to your back yard, now is your opportunity to. Here is some additional information: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=359796

Fred

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I noticed this official sticky thread regarding TDIFest 2013, but it seems there is a mass of discussion about it (albeit just that) in THIS THREAD.

Just thought I would attempt to link the two to spur the process. If I'm out of bounds I'll remove this post. :eek: