2011 Jetta TDI

Browndog TDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6MT
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=73417&title=tdi46&cat=500

It wasn't that hard of a decision but last week I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 11' Jetta TDI. The link above is a picture I took with my cell phone at the dealer, once I get a warm day I'll get some better shots. I read a lot of criticism of the new design and have to say that inside and out this is a well designed German Car. I've had a 90' Jetta GLI, 97' A4 2.8, 2003 A4 1.8T and find that this car maintains the quality of VW/Audi that keeps me coming back to the brand. My only complaint is lack of climate control and engine temp gauge but I can live with that. My previous car was a Subaru Legacy GT and this car corners better and has a much more usable power band for day to day driving. Just wanted to share the stoke, I love this car!

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I agree,, Volkswagen did take a few steps backward with their redesign of the 2011 model but it's still head and shoulders above anything else out there. I continue to hear people praise vehicles like the new Chevrolet Cruze yet when I looked at and test drove one for curiosity's sake I found it to be a bad joke in comparison to my VW.

I honestly can't stand my local dealerships and VWoA has been horrible to deal with but there's just something about these cars that has kept me driving them off and on my entire adult life.

I think the only thing that will get me to trade out of my '09 Jetta will be a new Scirocco. I LOVE that car and hope it lands on these shores sometime soon.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
I bashed the car's design a lot since I first saw it, but actually find it looks alright in person. I say "alright", because it on a totally different level than the MK4. I noticed however that this could be due to design restrictions caused by new safety standards, for instance now there needs to be 81mm between the hood and the engine, giving the hood a more bulky look.

Last edited: