Automatic folding mirrors, installed, PICS/MOVIE

Keyser-Soze

TDI
Golf Mk4 AGR
No I don't have the matching SEAT modules I'm afraid, might still be able to get them but would need to check with breaker.

If not I'm thinking of a few options...

1. Get any 2nd hand multiplex modules, rob the TLE chip & capacitors, then solder them in my modules.

2. Take those modules off your hands graeme, PM if interested.

3. Bite the bullet & go full 1C0 conversion.

Thanks for the advice!

MrJonSavage

TDI
Golf MK4
Coding for VDS-Pro & Golf MK4?

Old thread revived but some of us still attempting to do...

I'm just about to fit my folding mirrors & having read all of this & other forum posts, need to ask anyone who's done this on a Golf Mk4 a few final questions;

(1) Coding: Some say you must use VDS-Pro via a DOS booted laptop & Serial (R232) port to be able to code the mirrors to work so does VCDS (full version) do this as would make the whole saga much easier?

(2) VDS-Pro: Coding: If this is only route route, what were the actual steps & codings as am coming at this fresh (know you have to actual access the CCM module 046 & change some 'bits' from '0' to '1' that are specific to your car (thread talking about Jettas etc so their values may not have been correct for Golf MK4's)?

(3) Have NOT gone the Audi 361 relay route but full window mirror motor & pukka folding mirrors so do these need to be Grounded or is simply connecting to the loom already there enough to ground these (which I think is the route most go down?)?

(4) From the forums it says that pin 2 & 8 at the T12 mirror harness needs to be 'scotch-locked' together so any more explanation & or pics for this? (Got all the necesaary repair wires for extra other connections). Am I getting comfused between pukka retro-fit of OEM set-up & Audi 361 relay way which the thread may have gone down?

Thanks in advance for any replies;)

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
1) and 2) If you have the oem door modules for the folding mirror option then the coding is already correct for having folding mirrors - there are no changes required in the CCM at all. They are controlled via these correct door modules with the extra built in chip and capacitor from the factory.

3) and 4) Connecting the Pin 2 and Pin 8 at the T12 is joining the folding motor earth to the existing other mirror adjustment motor earth. So you are essentially tapping into the existing mirror earth wire in the door loom. (scotchlock = butt connect/solder together)

You also need to connect the new positive feeds from the folding mirrors of course.

Drivers door:
T12/1 >> T29/13
T12/3 >> T29/9

Passenger door:
T12a/1 >> T29a/16
T12a/3 >> T29a/26

The folding switch will work to control everything without any extra wiring.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
I swapped in the passat GLX window motherboards and lost the window roll up/down feature, what changes in VCDS do i have to do to get them back?

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
You should just need to run through the re-initialisation procedure in the owners manual.

You just fully roll them up and down a few times manually.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
You should just need to run through the re-initialisation procedure in the owners manual.

You just fully roll them up and down a few times manually.
Sorry, should have been more specific. I lost the roll down windows with key fob.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Thats weird then because the remote fob windows coding is in the CCM, although I note in the thread that there are also some addresses that are actually in the door modules too.

You will note that some CCMs need four or five different addresses changed.

On my car I only had to change an address in the CCM to get the remote open/close windows, so you must have one of the other versions.

Looks like you may have to recode the extra addresses you lost when you swapped the motherboards.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
Some great photos in there!

Just a warning to everybody, if you have german built mirrors you'll be ok for this swap, the Mexican mirrors (found on 90% of MKIV's) will not be so easy and you'll need to replace the bases.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Project one a few years back went fine; time for project two. Does anyon know which half (base or 'flag') needs to be from a power-folding-equipped car? I've been tossing around the idea of whipping up a set of folding Mk3.5 Cabby mirrors for my Mk3 & was wondeing if I'd need to source some Japanese-spec units (biased towards the wrong side of the car though) or try to find some genuine €uro-spec ones.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
well, if you could snap a picture of the base of a MK3.5 i could tell you if you could possibly swap the guts from the Passat GLX mirrors onto them.

When i refer to the base, i mean the part where the base meets the metal mirror support, there's a long metal cylinder that has a spring around it that gives it its tension. If i take a peek at that i could tell you if it could work.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok so it says to scotchlock pins 2 and 8, I can just run whichever the motor ground is(guessing pin 8) to another ground correct? I just dont want to ruin the mirror harness.
No, because the door module reverses the current through this wire to make the motors run in opposite directions.

The door module needs to control the flow of current both ways to reverse the motors.

GTIDamien_407

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
No, because the door module reverses the current through this wire to make the motors run in opposite directions.

The door module needs to control the flow of current both ways to reverse the motors.
Ah ok, is there any pictures showing how this is done? Is it done on the actual harness on the mirrors or the harness going into the car?

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
You do it on the door harness side of the plug. That way you keep each wire running into the mirror base separate for ease of removing (if you need to replace an electric motor or something)

dany19940

TDI
Seat Toledo
Guys, I need your help: my side mirrors won't unfold anymore. If I input directly power to the motors, they do, so is not about the mechanism. But from inside switch I can only fold them. My car was without battery for 2 months, but this is not the reason, because it often stay like this - I work offshore most of my time. Until now never happened, they were always working. It can have any relation with installing memory seats? I just have installed one set on my car. I also replaced the switch and still no result. Can anyone give me any hint?

dany19940

TDI
Seat Toledo
Yes, Graeme, of course. The only thing to recode is CCM module. It was 04097, now is 04099. There is something else to recode?

GTMonster

TDI
2003 MK4 Golf 130 GT TDi 130
Sorry to dig this one back up...

I'm bored, my car does most other things but this and I think this could be cool given my underground car park is littered with structural columns!
Just a quick question...
I've been looking into the widow motors...
Do all window motors with the same part numbers...

Drivers 1C0 959 801B (I just acquired, but have not recieved 1C0 959 801C (Leon car spec unknown))
Passenger 1C0 959 802C (I just acquired, but have not recieved 1C0 959 802C (Leon car spec unknown))

contain the correct chip circuity for the electric folding mirrors please... or did the car still have to have folding mirrors to include the correct circuitry? I have noticed that al lot of car have the same parts numbers but different letters in the end.
Also does changing the motors change the programmed parameters in the CCM? For example does it remove the auto door lock and unlock or the auto closing windows?
Thanks.

GTMonster

TDI
2003 MK4 Golf 130 GT TDi 130
Confirmed that the car sourced from had auto folding windows. But still need to know if they would still have the functionality of the ones that my car originally had with the addition of the mirror motor control? thanks.

rodgertherabit

TDI
MKIV Jetta
So Ive looked and read, but havent found anything really. Hopefully you guys can help!

Ive found some Power folding mirror motors out of a B5.5 Passat that came with power folding mirrors from the factory.

I have the motors, mirrors, harness, and switch. Now Ive found the late passat mirror wont fit (duh) but the motors have a different part #...

The Part #s are as follows, I think it was an 04 maybe. Will they work? they are passat folding mirror window motors...

3B4 837 751 QP
3B4 837 752 NMf

Heres the board I have. From what I found in this folding Mirror thread on TDIclub It appears to have the proper chip/smd hardware. So will this work? Im just unclear since the motor part #s didnt match up, but the car def came with pwoer mirrors.

Compared to what is said to have the Missing Chip/SMD...

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
From what I have read in this thread, the mirror have to come from a Jetta (rare GLX), or other over seas model such as Seat or Skoda. I don't remember if anyone has successfully Frankensteined a Jetta and Passat mirror.

The window motors/door modules I believe you can take the circuit board from the Passat version and put it inside your existing Jetta motor. This will give you the hardware to control the folding mirrors.

This mod is on my bucket list but cost vs benefit puts it down the list. Also the cool factor isn't pulling me as hard as it used to.

Jason

rodgertherabit

TDI
MKIV Jetta
Well Ive successfully swapped Passat mirror "wings" onto MKIV bases. IVe done several stubby conversions.

The Modules I got from the Car did have the extra chip and work! Uploading a video now.

The only thing that isnt 100% clear is if the 99-02 passat MIRROR works with the 02+ CCM....

I got the parts from a B5.5 passat so I have tested the Module/switch on a b5.5 mirror. It should not matter what year the mirror is from as long as its a b5 (not b5.5) so that it will swap to the base. Also from what Ive read the motors dont really have any electronics associated with them beside the microswitches...

carrarmat

TDI
MKIV 25 YEARS
Hallo guys i need some informations for this swap.
My car is a golf 150 pd arl with 1c0 CCM,I found in my region(i'm italian) a vw passat wiith mirror power folding,unfortunately there are no motors,so i need to modify my window motor.
Vw mirrors passat could works on mk4?I know that i need to change only the support while electric wiring are the same right?
Nobody could hel me?