Costco - Michelin Radius Wiper Blades

kahuna

TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS
I too bought the Michelin Wiper blades from Costco. I might ad they are beautifully constructed. They worked well for the first 30 days and NOW they are chattering under lite precipitation.

I am Not convinced the wipers are @ fault. I suspect the chattering might be from road film or an incapability with the rainX I have applied several times. My next step will be to thoroughly clean the windshield with windex and see if the same chattering persists.

Just my two cents worth.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
V60 said:
Any suggestions where I can buy 21” and 24” Michelin Radius Wiper Blades? Costco offers only smaller sizes :mad: . I’m in Aurora, ON
I got my 21" at Costco, they are now on back order. Not sure if they stock 24"?

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
I'm curious. My Passat has a very different mounting point on the wiper arm for the blade. I hate the thought of having to buy a blade only to find out it won't mount. Anyone have any thoughts or imput?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Refills at Princess Auto

Sale started on Oct.1st. until Nov 4th at Princess Auto

Item # 8131625 - 24" refill blades 2 @ $ 2.88
Can be cut to fit shorter wipers.

Of course I do not know if the fit the VW, but if you are passing a P.A store check it out just in case.

Last edited:

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI - Costco Ajax had a 21" blade in stock yesterday but no 19"

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
kahuna said:
I am Not convinced the wipers are @ fault. I suspect the chattering might be from road film or an incapability with the rainX I have applied several times. My next step will be to thoroughly clean the windshield with windex and see if the same chattering persists.

Just my two cents worth.
Let us know if you find a good preoceedure for getting the rainx off...

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I think you can strip the window with Vinegar or rubbing alcohol to get it off??

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
A window cleaner such as Windex will not remove all the residue from Rainex.

Vinegar or rubbing alcohol may do the job. The best deep cleaner I've used so far is a very fine rubbing compound on wet windshield using a wet rag or pad. 2 or 3 applications maybe nessecary. MAke sure things are wet, so the compound doesn't work the glass itself, just the residue on top of the glass. Think of the compound as a surfactant, much like a detergent.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
I just bought a Michelin radius 16 incher for the rear of my passat wagon. So far it is working great- best rear wiper yet.

No streaks, no stripes, no squeeks, so squaks. Its only 2 days old though.

Mississauga-Dude

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Jetta turbo diesel, manual, A/C, C/C
Why not just use wipers from Canadian Tire? They have frameless also.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
You mean the Reflex ones from Can Tire? They are crap. I had a set on for a week. They are great around town, but as soon as you hit the highway, they lift off the windshield at 120 kph. Not to mention, they are twice the price as the Michelin.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Really, that's odd. I have had a set for over 6 months now and they are still working great. One thing I did do though is get a set of those helper springs for the wiper arm. When I first put the blades on, there was almost no contact in the middle of the wiper ( did the same thing with a cheepie frameless set from Wally World ) Oh ya, there is NO lift at all. Speed rated to 180 ...

The one thing I really don't like is the lack of replacement rubber for them. Don't like the fact that I'll have to throw out the whole thing when they are done ( especially if the frame is still good )

Last edited:

weasel

TDI
None.
Does anyone have a link or a pic of these things ?? Can't seem to find any.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I didn't need helper springs on my car. I had no trouble with them holding in the middle. It was the end that was lifting. The bottom 4-6 inches would not clean, depending on how fast I was going on the highway. Because the reflex wipers are flat, there is nothing to hold them to the window.

As for replacement rubber, the Bosch Icons I bought can be replaced with the filler blades, so no need to throw out the whole thing. Not sure about the Michelins though?

weasel

TDI
None.
Well, unless I find new rubbers for my Reflex's, when they are done I will be going to something else. Part of the problem is that they are replaceable, but the rubber is angled. So a standard replacement won't fit. I might give those triple edges a try either that or get some Icons or Michelins.

Closey

TDI
Golf Gls, 2005, Black
I got the walmart brand I think they are View MAx or something. Had them for a week and no problems yet, hold up good at highway speed no lift detected, plus they were only $14 something. only thing is the passenger side on does not touch the windshield on the far side for about 3" through its travel. Good the rest of the way anyways.

Precisiontuning

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
n/a
jonnyd said:
I tried the Michelin's from Costco on driver side. Took off after a week - lifted at bottom at 100+ kph - left bottom 6 cm wet. Not recommended.
If you look at a high quality wiper such as Valeo or Bosch Icon beside any of the knock off brands you will see why the real thing is more expensive.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
jonnyd said:
I tried the Michelin's from Costco on driver side. Took off after a week - lifted at bottom at 100+ kph - left bottom 6 cm wet. Not recommended.
I am running the Michelin 19inch on both sides. No problems at all, even at 160+

weasel

TDI
None.
Well since I could find a pic, I went to the store. A quick look and they look like repackaged Bosch Icons. My bet says the Bosch are better. I'll buy those next.

Precisiontuning

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
n/a
weasel said:
Well since I could find a pic, I went to the store. A quick look and they look like repackaged Bosch Icons. My bet says the Bosch are better. I'll buy those next.
Trust me they are not the same not even close

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm also running Michelin's 21" on drivers and 19" on passenger side. They both seem fine to me.

Btw, Costco in Ajax has both sizes back in stock.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI. These blades are back on sale again at Costco $10.39 each