prothe - VW parts vendor ??

rackaracka

Veteran Member
P Rothe

prothe said:
Yes, I'm still selling parts. I see this post started in 2008 and a lot of parts have been shipped in the last 2 years. If anyone has a question about my company's reputation, go to the Charlotte Better Business Bureau and look up "Rothenbacher Engineering". I have an A+ rating there, and have been a member since April 09. I am also prothe on ebay with a feedback rating of 99.1%.

Starting in April of 09 I bought a 99 Jetta TDI to test all rebuilt TDI injector pumps on. That way, I know that the pump is working properly and not throwing any codes.
I bought a 98 NB from a customer of yours. Gary Gray. He bought a rebuilt injection pump for this car from you. I have his e-mails and reciept . He complained about how long it took you to send the product.

He bragged about the rebuilt IP the car had. I asked why he had it rebuilt and he said - just to have it rebuilt. The IP grenaded in under 1000 miles and left me stranded. When the IP was sent to DFIS in Portland OR they said the core was valueless. Thanks Prothe. Thank God I wasn't in a life threatening situation when your IP rebuild failed and left me stranded. Please advertise that your products are Chinese copies without quality control or inspections and that buyers should purchase at their own risk.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
prothe said:
I sell some of the most thoroughly tested injector pumps in the world. I am one of the only people to test the pumps an Original Bosch Injector Pump Test Bench,..... . All of my TDI pumps are tested in this way.
Your dubious distinction of selling parts of questionable longetivity aside, you can't make the comment quoted above and think anyone will believe that, can you ? Well, maybe you can if you are just "testing" pumps and not "rebuilding" them, but "rebuilding" them is what you profess to do. I've don't think I've ever seen a Bosch Injector Pump Test Bench before, but I have been invited to enter only two clean rooms and view the rebuilding/test equipment and procedures. Would you mind posting a picture of both of yours ?

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have seen the backwash from some of that crap, I could not believe just HOW crappy that stuff could possibly be! Turbochargers that look like they were made on a beach by Chinese orphans at gunpoint, an injection pump that looked like it was beat on with a hammer... I very rarely install customers' parts they supplied, and this is why.

Garbage. Complete garbage.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
prothe said:
ninedee_golf_tdi:

brucebanes: I sell over 100 turbos per month. If the quality of my turbos is as bad as you say, I would have gotten out of the business a long time ago. Further, I HAVE NEVER CHANGED MY NAME. I am still prothe. I am still emiata, though that is being phased out, because I want emiata to be my Miata and BMW convertible window website, but there is still a link to dieselvw.com there. DieselVW.com is still my best website. My contact information is the same at the bottom of all of my websites.
You are a liar and a thief. Your still in business because you use a different alias and sell your stuff on Ebay to unsuspecting suckers. Once they get burned by your low prices they come here to find out you rip member after member off. One day you are going to rip the wrong person off ... and you know what happens if you rip the wrong person off.. Watch the 11 Oclock news

Last edited:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Dooshenbacher Poopgineering

The great one speaks!

Nice of you to show up, especially when you know you are going to get 'Reginald Denny'd' on this forum.

Your Pal,
Dave

TDIDaveNH

TDI
You know to be fair I must note that Reginal Denny did not deserve what he recieved, but Prothe deserves every ration of **** due him. What goes around, comes around sucka!

Once again
Your pal,
Dave

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I think if this thread gets too much more viral, it's going to get shut down so keep the comments.... well... call a spade a spade but not much more than that. Newbies deserve to be able to read all about these parts and if the thread goes poof, what good will it do ?

TDIDaveNH

TDI
That's a good point Ninedee. I've met all of my enternainment needs here for a while.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think most people are on the same page here. Let's try and keep things logical and civil, without getting too rude.

With that said, I love the CRAP reference from Franko6. Chinese Replacement Auto Parts. :D

To anyone who has been burned by inferior parts and service, do yourself and everyone else a favor and file a complaint with the BBB, eBay, etc. Without formal complaints, nothing will ever change.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
TDIdragon said:
Has anyone tried his IPs? He has an 11mm on there for $710 (minus $300 core) price, and it is really tempting as mine is probably going to leaking after sitting for over a year with 200K+ on it...

Also, does anyone have another site they might recommend for the 11mm IP for an AHU engine?
Once it's back up and running, do a search for "Prothe" on vwvortex. He has just as bad a reputation over there as he does here.

prothe said:
]I sell some of the most thoroughly tested injector pumps in the world. I am one of the only people to test the pumps an Original Bosch Injector Pump Test Bench, and then I install the TDI pumps on a 99 Jetta TDI to test run them on a real car. All of my TDI pumps are tested in this way.
Then why are there threads on vortex from people who can't even get their cars to start, let alone run, with your pumps?

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Noobies:
caveat emptor!

Quality has no equal. Pay for it and sleep better.

Note: Keep on track and buy from trusted vendors.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
“The bitterness from the shabby vendor remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin :)

artificer

TDI
2006 Jetta 5spd
Well, I screwed up. I didn't realize www.dieselvw.com was prothe, and I ordered some parts. The hood release cable is fine. The heater core looks good. The timing kit for a 1980's Rabbit looks like it will work. The timing belt and tensioner in the kit on the other hand...

I guess its like buying from Harbor Freight. You have to know which junk is usable. I'm tossing the $17 timing belt and tensioner that came in the kit away. I just don't trust a belt that says "made in China with Japanese rubber." At least they indirectly acknowledge that many/most Chinese rubber parts are useless.

Hopefully the shifter rod and bushing kits are adequate, since I need them.

Anybody that doesn't give a brand name on the parts they sell is suspect. For some reason I thought these were going to be German parts. Stupid, I know, on thinking about it.

For anyone that hasn't been there, check out www.rockauto.com Good prices (not as low as the dieselvw ones), but they give the manufacture and part numbers of everything they sell. I want a GATES timing belt, since I trust that company.

So... do I complain to the BBB because I got the quality I paid for? I know I'm not going to install parts that can grenade my engine, so do I have a complaint? I'm glad I did some checking. I had that sick sinking feeling in my stomach when I opened the package. Now I know it was correct to feel that way.

Michael

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Arti, better to learn of the the problems with him PRIOR to install vs. afterwards. Good luck!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
artificer said:
For anyone that hasn't been there, check out www.rockauto.com Good prices (not as low as the dieselvw ones), but they give the manufacture and part numbers of everything they sell. I want a GATES timing belt, since I trust that company.
That is one of my favorite things about rockauto - knowing which, and being able to choose between different brands on one site. There are always 5% discount codes posted somewhere too.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Michael, send the parts back to them.

I just did two TB's for a guy and he had these kits. I USED MINE. I still am amazed nobody has put a knife in this guys back for ruining their engine....

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, Jetta, Galatic Blue
I think I made the same mistake...

I just bought a 11mm injection pump from dieselVW...

It just came today,,,I spotted a problem when I checked the part#...

MADE IN GERMANY
0 460 404 977
R 700 BT 4017
(R)<AUDI RINGS> 038 130 107 D
(011) 867 930022

Is this a fake? A chinese knock off?

Its for a AHF manual transmission...

I have a 2002 Automatic Injection pump:

MADE IN GERMANY
0 460 414 987

(R)<AUDI RINGS> 038 130 107 J 800

I already emailed dieselVW about this problem...

Now I'm scared of swapping it out this weekend...

I don't want this to go off like a time bomb...and destroy my engine.

Any ideas?

-Jason:eek:

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sorry this is hard to read but you got a 10mm pump.

The D suffix indicates a 10mm. 11mm pumps end in the letter J.

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I know its a 10mm pump. I search the part numbers. Nice image though...thanks.

I took pictures of the pump, it has yellow paint on alot of the fittings,
indicating that work may have been done on it...and for anti-tampering.

I also noticed the pump pin hole is not aligned, I cannot stick a pump pin there...its off by that much.

It looks like it has been cleaned, it may have come from an engine.

What is the reason for the IP failures from <dieselvw>, cheap chinese internal parts?

Since I just got it yesterday, I should be able to return it, since its the wrong part, I shouldn't have to pay the restock fee.

I'm just out the shipping charges.:(

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The yellow paint is typical of any remanufactured pump. The ones from VW have that, too.

jchan

Veteran Member
TDI
I got a email reply from them stating that they installed a 11mm rotor knowlingly into a 10mm manual core, that is normal procedure for them.

They say it will work in my engine. The state they don't adhere to the parts and that it shouldn't matter, since the rotor is 11mm.

I called to verify, and they said the same over the phone.:eek:

I asked that if i wasn't sure about the part, I can return it, no restocking fee.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'd be skeptical. Not worth the headaches if it doesn't work properly.