Electrical Gremlin 2012 Mk6

Rockeye

TDI
2012 Golf TDi
So randomly when I turn my headlights on I get the dummy light for my license plate lights being out. When I get out and look they are on, every once in a while it will be off and then turn themselves on a moment later. Is this just a sign of the bulb going?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
i get it on mine also. walk around and tap the lights and the warning goes away. its a bad connection. the bulb out warning is nice. but sucks for running led bulbs

Rockeye

TDI
2012 Golf TDi
i get it on mine also. walk around and tap the lights and the warning goes away. its a bad connection. the bulb out warning is nice. but sucks for running led bulbs
Yeah I wish I could start running the plug and play LEDs. I know you can program the CAN BUS with VCDS in order to adjust the trigger point for the warning light. Thats just another 200 bucks :/

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
I had this issue a few times before one of my fuzes (for all the lights on the whole right side of my car) melted down, melted the under hood fuse block and caused multiple lights out warnings. Its actually a common problem for 2010-2012 model year cars as there is a service bulletin for it. I'll try to dig up the thread. I'm not saying that the same is happening to your car but I can tell you that I have had no further false warnings since I had the fuse block and fuses replaced.

ShelbyRazorback

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT (traded in). None at the moment.
Here is the thread that JesseTDI may be referring to...
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=503939

Mine started with a licence plate light out. Then became MFD saying all lights out while about half actually lighting up. F16 fuse turned out to be melted. Cleaned what I could, then wiggled fuse in block till all lights worked. Recently took wife's Passat in for service at the stealership so I thought I'd buy a new fuse with the Zinc coating for my car.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Here is the thread that JesseTDI may be referring to...
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=503939

Mine started with a licence plate light out. Then became MFD saying all lights out while about half actually lighting up. F16 fuse turned out to be melted. Cleaned what I could, then wiggled fuse in block till all lights worked. Recently took wife's Passat in for service at the stealership so I thought I'd buy a new fuse with the Zinc coating for my car.
That service bulletin didnt mention JSWs. Any JSWs here deal with this?