02 jetta wagon value

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I ended up with a jetta wagon from a guy on here that had sat for a while, needed both injection pump topcover seals to run

Got it home hot under the collar to get it going again, always sorta wanted one of these and all. Get to looking at it more and it's the very picture of an engine donor, but I'm running into a mental block on the fact that it's a running driving manual wagon.

Needs: radiator, calipers, cut the rotors, ac condenser, intake cleaning, timing belt...

has +: newer wheel bearings, new pads, steel skidplate, aluminum 15s, manual A/C controls, black interior

has -: sunroof and roof rack to leak (if they aren't already), smells like mouse nests, significant rust on hatch and most everywhere else, right side's been dragged against some stuff, black interior plus dog hair, 265k miles, exhaust hanger troubles and an exhaust leak somewhere

Guess I'm just looking for confirmation that yes, even though it's a wagon, some are best left to die.
What's a 'manual swap' parts set worth these days? EGR code 02j with everything else to go with it...

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
...Guess I'm just looking for confirmation that yes, even though it's a wagon, some are best left to die.
You need to figure what it would be worth to you all fixed up, and do you have money, energy, and the time to do the work. Now that you can see the extent of the rust and have an idea of the things that need repair, maybe it is doable and maybe not. Only you can really answer that question.

Yes, sometimes you need to figure out what you can harvest, and then scrap the rest of the hulk.

Cheers,

PH