Injector Rebuild Guide - Looking

borjawil

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta "Diesel"
06 BRM 1.9 - Looking for a guide on rebuilding the injectors. Dont have the money to buy new/upgrade. Also wondering where to get a good rebuild kit and all that is needed in the kit for the process.

jphack58

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Fuel pumps and injectors are a trade in themselves, it is so critical that after years of HD Mech. I am fussy with who does the work, as the tolerances are close, yet when a shop makes them all EQUAL the performance and mileage is reflected, Portland Fuel Inj.OR. is my preferred shop, they can do the MK4 pumps, not many spent the $ to get the tooling.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
The Pump Duse injectors are difficult to rebuild and easy to break beyond repair. They're not nearly as easy to rebuild as the older pop pressure injectors. Given that you're on a budget, you have the following options.

1) not rebuilding the injectors if they don't need it.

2) pay the 150 a pop or so to have them sent off to DBW.

3) roll the dice on some used injectors. I chose this option for my PD150 injectors. It was a gamble and I lucked out with them running well.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
When you cheap out with questionable or inferior parts and not having access to the proper rebuild/calibration equipment, you can end up spending a lot more than doing it right the first time. Most likely you injectors are just fine and don't need rebuilding.

How many miles are on your injectors? Mine are at 186K miles with zero issues.

Last edited: