2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
3 weeks ago...it was about 3 weeks. Lol.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
any idea on the current wait time to get one.
This really depends on how many units Andrew has in stock ready to ship. If he has it on hand, the biggest delay would probably be US customs between Ontario and New York. If he has sold all of his last production run, you might have to wait until more parts are produced. Some parts of the manufacturing is outsourced (like the lathe work) and some of it Andrew does himself. Only Andrew (2micron) can answer your question accurately.

Have Fun!

Don

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
VERY interested in an IC drain setup once it's ready to market.
This x2 :) ...Just in case I move to an area that has the weather conditions to cause water condensation in the IC.

Manu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Golf Wagon 6MT Highline TDI
Interested in the “Contain Flow” Return Filter and Intercooler Drain kits.
Do you install? (You're not that far from me)

You have pm

Cleenlivin

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan (DSG) boughtback, 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (Tiptronic), 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (5 speed)
2micron

Sent you a PM....

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Any news on the IC drain kit? Haven't been able to mind much on it's status.
Hello Louderman, Thanks for asking!!
I've been testing the drain system for over a year with interesting results!!
Here are some findings:
- most water is accumulated in temps 30-40 (freezing and up)
- humity has a huge effect.
- driving style has little to no difference.
- a regen will produce the most water, under ideal temps.
- it's amazing how much water is produced, see vid!!
- when there is water in the bottom hose and it freezes overnight, the valve can be opened and a short drive will thaw the ice, blowing out the water. Kinda like blowing your nose!!!
- short bursts with the valve open don't seem to cause any issues, but it must be closed after blowing your nose, to prevevent over fueling.
- the elmulsified water / oil mixture goes away if frequent draining is done, leaving only condensate. The first few drains will have the oily goo, but quickly turns to water.
I've made 20 special barbs up and have really nice silicon tubing.
Now, the issue is a suitable valve, reasonably priced.
A ball valve is best, allowing full Flow. A solenoid diaphragm valve is more fragile, but possible.
The original rod actuator is simple, but rattles and not easily fitted to all cars.
Bottom line, only a few people are interested, so I havn't progressed the valve issue much farther.
Here's the barbs and a recent drain video after 100 miles:
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums...335E057E-286-0000005565EC3039_zps04e4594c.mp4
Thanks !!
Andrew

30Bones

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Heck I would buy the hose needed (if any) and the sleeve/barb and provide my own ball valve and rig up a way like you did to make it easy to open/close.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Heck I would buy the hose needed (if any) and the sleeve/barb and provide my own ball valve and rig up a way like you did to make it easy to open/close.
Agree with 30Bones. If you want to sell the fitting with barb am in for a little fabrication. PM us if you want to move some of the parts you have :D

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Actually, how about a couple of beta testers? I'd be game for installing some parts and doing a few tests :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evantful

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2016 Golf SE TSI
Id pay $$ for the Barb and the Rod kit, even if it rattles, just for the winter months.

I drive long miles in southeast NY, up to the Catskill and Adirondack mountains. It can get very humid down here.

For me this is more a concern that the HPFP. Id pay a good deal of money to have a simple solution to drain the water, that in the spring I can remove, and not have to deal with a VW dealer ripping apart my car to install a "fix".

waterdog

TDI
2010 jetta tdi, 6spd
Return flow kit

Can someone tell me what the 2 aluminum .312 x 1.200 and .233 x 1.00 bull nosed dowels with O-rings in the return flow kit are for? Can't seem to find them mentioned. They had the .184 socket head cap screws in them. Thanks.

Last edited:

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Can someone tell me what the 2 aluminum .312 x 1.200 and .233 x 1.00 bull nosed dowels with O-rings in the return flow kit are for? Can't seem to find them mentioned. They had the .184 socket head cap screws in them. Thanks.
These are the "Assurance Pins" for inside the Pump, for the Pure Flow Kit.
It is the first line of defense against contaminants entering the high pressure chamber.
The adapter itself is the final sealing defense.
you will only use 1 size of pin, per car.
German Pumps are .312"
Czech pumps are .233"
Instructions are here.
Pure Flow:
http://2microntech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pure-Flow-Install-Guide.pdf
Contain Flow:
http://2microntech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Filter-Instructions.pdf
Any issues,
Shoot me an email,
tdi2micron@yahoo.ca
Thanks!!
Andrew

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
They are what Andrew calls assurance pins (or plugs). They are inserted into the stock feed hole where fuel used to enter into the hole where the fuel metering valve went (where the adapter goes into the pump). These pins (which one you use depends on the age of your pump) block the stock fuel passage so that the fuel can enter the high pressure part of the pump ONLY through the 2micron pure flow adapter. These are included in the installation instructions. See step 5 in the instructions here: http://2microntech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pure-Flow-Install-Guide.pdf

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. After inserting the assurance pins, those 2 socket head screws are used to mount the adapter to the pump. These screws serve 2 purposes. They are used to insert the pins, and then they are used to mount the adapter.

Last edited:

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
That's interesting.... I'm sure it would work fine, I'd just be worried about debris etc.
I agree with an older post too, just having a kit that would allow a valve to be installed would be nice!
Water, oil and any combo of the two should be handled by that valve just fine. It is a ball valve after all. If there is any other "debris" in there you would have much bigger problems!

kisseer

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan DSG
I will be posting about my installation of the NICKTANE CAT Filter w/ 2MICRON Contain & Pure Flow in a 2010 Jetta TDI soon.

Thanks,
Eric