www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 30th, 2010, 21:34   #1
nizzydog717

Default Vacuum line Help?!?!?!?

Ok, so at first i found one vacuum line just laying in my engine bay, figured out its to the air box. now i found 2 more one just hanging there and the other, the same, but had a 2 way split in it so there must be another vacuum line laying around somewhere. So can anyone supply me with a full vacuum diagram for a, 2000 jetta tdi 1.9l manual trans. so i can figure this out?? could this be why my brakes feel weird and my engine light ? Thanks!!!!
Old January 30th, 2010, 22:04   #2
Canadian_Grizzly
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Jetta TDI

There is a diagram in my writeup... see my signature

"There is lots of work to be done, if we are to achieve the kind of society people have the right to expect." Tommy Douglas

Having trouble with limp mode... Troubleshooting Low Power

Having trouble searching? Read this thread on advance search in forum http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=133579
Canadian_Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 22:39   #3
nizzydog717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Grizzly
There is a diagram in my writeup... see my signature
Ohh wow thanks, I needed this for a while. Ill get on it tomorrow and then see how everything is. Is this all the same for AT.M. as its is for a Manual? Just asking. Ill post any differences or troubles i run into, again Thank you!
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:27   #4
Canadian_Grizzly
Veteran Member

Thanks for the appreciation... there were just so many people running into the problem it got tiresome rewriting stuff each time.
I believe the diagram is the same for a/t and manual just remember to do hoses one at a time and be careful removing the old lines so you don't break any nipples.

"There is lots of work to be done, if we are to achieve the kind of society people have the right to expect." Tommy Douglas

Having trouble searching? Read this thread on advance search in forum http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=133579
Old February 2nd, 2010, 23:07   #5
i_charus

I have been having vacuum hose issues as well, your diagram is just what I've been looking for. I think I have a (if not multiple) leaks and was going to change the lines. Do you by chance know what size and where I can purchase the vacuum hoses? I've been reading on line and some people are saying I need to order them, some say only dealers have them, some say home depot is fine. It's a 2000 Jetta TDI. Thanks for any suggestions
i_charus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 23:31   #6
Canadian_Grizzly
Veteran Member

You are not reading my writeup carefully enough... the information is buried in there.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 20:02   #7
nizzydog717

I went and figured it all out. I seem to have way more power and my brakes work almost perfect. But as I was on the highway on a long drive( about 125miles) I all of a sudden couldent get it over 60mph. So I put it in nuteral and restarted the car and all power was back. So vacuum leak? I probly just need to replace all my lines. Thanks. My friend said I'm going to have to fork out over 150$$ but I don't have that kind of money. Is he right?

And all my lines are stock, found the unhooked ones just layin around.

Last edited by nizzydog717; February 3rd, 2010 at 20:05.
nizzydog717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 20:28   #8
Joester

Fuel Economy: 52/42/28

i broke a nipple one time and it took thousands in corrective surgery and months in rehab. be very very careful =)
2002 VW Golf 4dr 5spd TDI ---- Malone stage 4 - Borg Warner BV-39 - PP520 Nozzles - South Bend Stage II Daily Clutch - TacoTaco Intercooler - Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts on H&R Sport Springs - 17x7 Long Beach Wheels with Bridgestone S0-4 Summers - General Altimax Arctic on Stock 15s for Winter
Joester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 21:15   #9
i_charus

I don't know about $150. The stock hoses in my car are all braided, I'm being told that the silicon (unbraided) are fine to use. And the run about $30-40 for enough hose to replace all your hoses. Just taking the time to do it
i_charus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 21:43   #10
frugality
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 33mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joester
i broke a nipple one time and it took thousands in corrective surgery and months in rehab. be very very careful =)
LOL

Thanks for the great belly-laugh. I needed that!
Old February 4th, 2010, 15:52   #11
nizzydog717

LoL guys, thanks. my turbo seems to be like somewhat fluctuating at times i have plenty of power or not that much but big improvement with you guys help =p. i guess I'm looking into vacuum lines now... And i busted my widow putting on new wippers ***!