Next step advice for 2000 Jetta alh

xoibsurferx

TDI
None yet. Possibly 2001 MK4 Tdi
Hi everyone so I have a 2000 Jetta ALH that has a solid foundation of mods done from the previous owner. Currently the car has had the engine rebuilt 80k ago with calico coated pistons and is a stock build. Mods so far it has a VNT17, pp357 injectors (done by previous owner - yes I know their not even an upgrade really), front mount intercooler, straight piped exhaust, egr deleted, valeo single mass upgraded clutch, reflect stage 1 tune, and for suspension it has a bilstein cup kit.

I really just want more power as I came from a wrx sti. I know comparing isn't right as their two different cars. I'm thinking race 520s and a kerma tune.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
Do you have an 11mm ip? If so just get a tune. If not probably some dlc1019 would be a good match with a tune. As long as a little smoke is ok.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
You are at about a grand with those 2 upgrades.
The tuner can tell you if you'll need a new clutch, too.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What's a Valeo upgraded clutch? I thought they only made stock replacements.

xoibsurferx

TDI
None yet. Possibly 2001 MK4 Tdi
It has the 10mm pump :( and I don't mind smoke. Came from a 12v built cummins 500hp so I'm not concerned with smoke.

The previous owner did the clutch and said it can hold 300lb tq. It definitely has the single mass clatter at idle which I read is normal but do realize with more power I may need to get a south bend.