1.4 TDI tuning/info

TDI
1.9 TDI ++
Thanks ... this will help a lot ...

but maybe you can find 001 block to see the real injection quantity ...

p.s you attached 008 twice instead of 004 ...

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
you can see quantity in block 4.. I'm running a few degrees duration more midrange, where the turbo is still relatively efficient

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Only if you install something that is worth to be called a turbo and some means to get some fuel in there

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
so this remap was made by Rub87 ... wright ?

do you guys have any dynograph... ?
No it is not, It is a Swedish guy, with very little experience at that time. I know to little about remapping to tell if it is good or bad, but i guess it can be better in some ways.

No dyno...

buubba

TDI
polo 1.4tdi
Old topic, but new member :eek:

Just bought Polo 1.4tdi (-04), and of course dont want to let it be stock.

I have read this topic and my new setup will be cat-back, K&N and custom software. Lets start with those...

Someone stated that gearbox (on 1.4tdi) can handle about 250Nm, but 1.9tdi gearbox could handle more torque. So is that 1.9tdi gearbox bolt-on to 1.4tdi, or is there lot of other parts that has to be changed also?
That 1.9 gearbox has also longer final drive and fith gear ratio, so it could even lower the fuel consumption :p

TDI
1.4TDI
Hi guys

I have a 1.4TDI 70hp (BNM) and have a doubt the remap my file to file-based VNT 75hp A2 (ATL). Anyone could help how to reprogram my file?
the changes I made are these. Based on the file A2 VNT:

right or not?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
sure... how will you use a vnt map from a vnt engine in a wastegated engine`:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
better take the complete file and start from there.. unless you want to start messing with the switches and controller settings so it works as it should for a vgt turbo

Vagwhore

TDI
`09 VW Golf 6 2.0 TDI CR
I am going to buy a `00 VW Polo with AMF engine and i think i will just stick with the std turbo. But where to get a decent remap for the car ? AMF engine. Any other mods using std turbo ? Like decat and EGR-delete ? Air-filter ? Modifying airfilter-box etc ?

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
no getting a decent turbo is first thing to do togehter with longer ratio gearbox and better clutch.

after that pop in pd130/150 PD and find a different intercooler, this will give you 150 hp with preferable 02s 6 speed or 02a/02j with decent ratios

Vagwhore

TDI
`09 VW Golf 6 2.0 TDI CR
no getting a decent turbo is first thing to do togehter with longer ratio gearbox and better clutch.

after that pop in pd130/150 PD and find a different intercooler, this will give you 150 hp with preferable 02s 6 speed or 02a/02j with decent ratios
Hehe im not looking for a race-car,i just want some extra power without changing everything.

mao76

TDI
vw lupo asz 130cv
boys to few I have taken a wolf, and do I have intention to put the motor of the tdi 150cv it initials arl, however' I have problem with joints, don't they climb on on the wolf they are longer, should I perhaps climb on the 150cv motor with the change of the wolf?or what should I do?,

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
boys to few I have taken a wolf, and do I have intention to put the motor of the tdi 150cv it initials arl, however' I have problem with joints, don't they climb on on the wolf they are longer, should I perhaps climb on the 150cv motor with the change of the wolf?or what should I do?,
:confused:

mao76

TDI
vw lupo asz 130cv
you excuse but I use google traslated, in few words I would want to put the motor of the sweater tdi 150hp, on my wolf however' I don't know what change to use,

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
you excuse but I use google traslated, in few words I would want to put the motor of the sweater tdi 150hp, on my wolf however' I don't know what change to use,
I think I just figured out what you're saying...you bought a Lupo 1.4 TDI and want to swap an ARL engine?

Lupo = latin for wolf. Looks like the translator changed Lupo to Wolf. Am I right?

Ash :)

mao76

TDI
vw lupo asz 130cv
I am wanted to put a motor arl on my vw wolf 1.4 tdis, what change and joints I must use.. accursed googe traslated

Vagwhore

TDI
`09 VW Golf 6 2.0 TDI CR
Can anyone tell me if the AMF 75 hp engine has the EXACT same turbo as the 1.9 90 hp engine with wastegated turbo ? Same diameter inducer/exduser etc ? Would it be an "upgrade",if any,to put on a turbo from a 90 hp engine ? Or is it waste of time and energy ??

Vagwhore

TDI
`09 VW Golf 6 2.0 TDI CR
No, the GT15 found on some of the older 1.9 is slightly bigger (see here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2237018&postcount=6) and will spool up later than the stock turbo (which doesn't spool up particularly well in the first place...). You may gain more top end, but it'll be gutless below 2500rpm.

Ash
I see,is there anything to do about the spool up with a custom-map ?? Or is the turbo just like that no matter what you do ? I need the car on a daily basis so im not so very keen on having it staying in bits for weeks. I know VNT-turbo is the way to go get more low end-grunt but......the time and the money,is it really worth it ?

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
Get a cheap used GT1749V / KP39 and find a good tuner. It'll make low-end drivability even better than stock and more top-end. Custom map won't do anything to help spool-up. Unfortunately, ancient wastegated turbo + low displacement = slow spool up.

Bear in mind it'd be a good idea to upgrade the clutch. The stock one is only good for 250NM. With only a stage 1 remap, mine has started to slip slightly during aggressive (well, whatever extent of aggressive is possible with 100hp) driving. My car (still with the original clutch) only has 57k miles on, 35k of which is with the map. The stock clutch is indeed rubbish. I'll be swapping in a 1.9 TDI 02J gearbox and clutch at some point this year.

Ash

khager

TDI
Passat 2000 AJM/Polo 2002 1.4TDI AMF
I see,is there anything to do about the spool up with a custom-map ?? Or is the turbo just like that no matter what you do ? I need the car on a daily basis so im not so very keen on having it staying in bits for weeks. I know VNT-turbo is the way to go get more low end-grunt but......the time and the money,is it really worth it ?
Give some extra fuel in inj.dur02 map between 1700-2000rpm. My car is in daily use too, so i only have it remapped. Stock turbo,injectors(same as in AJM 115PD) and exthaus. What i know the injectors is good to about 120hp(IQ65mg).

Last edited: