crank no start blueish smoke

missxdiesel

TDI
04 Jetta
Friday i was driving my 04 jetta 1.9l, down shifted and lost power completely. stopped, car would not start back up. changed out oil cooler seals, the one on top was chewed up pretty good. put the oil back in. still won't start after several attempts. bluish white smoke coming from oil cooler area, hard to tell. no codes. not quite sure what's going on. bad oil pump? timing off? any help is appreciated!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Did you loose all the oil? Did you inspect your timing belt? I think we need a little more information to go on.

missxdiesel

TDI
04 Jetta
not all the oil but quite a bit. it must've came out of the oil cooler and hit the fan (literally) it was everywhere, covered hoses, dripping off the hood, and a puddle. havent checked the timing belt yet, i will look into that

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
So how much oil did it take to bring the level back up to the line? Why were the oil cooler seal (s) chewed up? Usually they just weep and make a big mess.