Alh new beetle pouring grey smoke, rough idle

Akramer726

TDI
01 new beetle
I have a 2001 new beetle. 194,000 on it. Under hard acceleration, it just up and died. After replacing fuel filter and the pick up in the tank, I found that my asv was stuck closed. After messing with, and breaking the rod, I just stuck a piece of wood in it to keep it open. Car started, but had limited turbo power, and stuttered and wouldn't rev over 2400 rpm. I then cut off the asv and tested the vacuum from the top hose on the n75 valve. Holding great at 25 in. But now when i start the car, it just pours grey smoke and will not rev at all, the go pedal is dead. What have I done, and how can I fix it? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I'd suggest you blew off an intake hose except the smoke would be black. Did you mess up the vacuum supply to the TC when you played with the ASV? Though again, I'd expect black smoke.

Your truouble with the ASV makes no sense. The ASV is normally open. It would not have closed during operation for no reason and stuck there. If it was stuck and you manually opened it it should have stayed open.

What's the timing look like? Is it hard to start especially cold?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
What does "up and died" mean? You really need to add details to/elaborate on this event.