Avoid Triangle smog

crisisking

TDI
'03 Jetta wagon (manual), '04 F350
I rarely post, but I feel the need to inform local TDI owners of something I have found irksome. I have been using Triangle smog on Navy St. in Henderson, Nevada for the last 6 or so years. The owner/operator has always been grumpy, especially when bringing my 03' wagon to him. I have always been respectful and tolerant of him, even when made aware of his dislike of the TDI. This morning I brought my VW in first thing, 08:00, as I was walking up to him I could hear him say, "s**t, I hate those f***ing pieces of ****. I should make you take it down to Sahara." While he's pulling it into the bay two gassers pull up for inspection, he tells me I will have to wait, that VW's take too long. I told him I understood that the TDI's were a nuisance to him, but why does he run a diesel smog business when he hates doing the diesels? ( I also have a F350 that he grumbles about, but not as fervently.) I told him that have been a loyal customer coming in every year, even with the grumbling, and I'm done. I'll take my business elsewhere, and advise anyone with a diesel to do the same. Well, he really became upset then. Told me not to threaten him. I told him it wasn't a threat, I was done being treated like a I was a pain in the neck to him and would just pass my experience along to others. Sorry for the long rant it. I live fairly close to that shop, guess I'll be driving down into the valley from now on for smogs.

Last edited:

WardB

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB
Why in the world would you ever WANT to go back there again???

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I think you did him a service by telling him why you aren't coming back. I would not have; I would have just said, "I'll be back when you aren't so busy." and then never would have returned.

It is strange when someone is so cranky yet they get business. You'd think if you are dealing with the public a bit of reason would lessen the acidic attitude. But he sounds so defensive and cranky, any offered help or understanding would be rejected.

Life teaches you certain lessons. It will either stroke you with a feather, or run over you with a bus. Some people go chasing after the bus to dive in front of it.

Cheers,

PH

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Takes too long? My Miata smog test takes way longer than my Jetta (my Prius test is even faster - it is exempt!).