side mirror replacement

jnf

Can someone please provide me with instructions for the replacement of the driver side power mirror (no memory seat) on a 2001 Jetta. I'm sure it is a simple job if I know the order of disassembly and how to remove the door trim. Thank you.

jnf

The entire mirror assembly. In the spirit of the season, someone threw a pumkin at it and broke the swivel post. Thanks again for the help.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Basically this is what you do. You need to remove your interior door panel. Remove the three screws on the bottom of the panel. Remove the screw up near the speaker by the mirror on the door panel. Remove the door handle. Remove the screws under the handle. Pop door panel off carefully. There are things connected on the inside. Now you could get a helper and have him hold the door skin, or you could remove all the harnesses. It's up to you. remove the speaker cover in the corner. One screw. Pop the speaker cover off and unbolt the mirror. One bolt. Have someone hold the mirror as you loosen this bolt for the mirror. Disconnect all harnesses that attach to the mirror. Reverse procedure. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif