OBDLink MX incompatible with VAG DPF?

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L DSG
Didnt know where to put this thread.
I've owned an OBDLink MX scanner for a few years, and just started using it on my JSW. I just bought this car and wanted to get as many things checked out as possible before my very limited warranty runs out (Car has 80k, which gives me about 46,000 miles left on the scandal warranty, but who knows if VW would actually pay for anything that comes up down the line).
Heard I should try to find out the status of the Diesel Particulate Filter, as they have been known to need replaced before the actual recommended maintenance mileage
So I downloaded the app I've seen talked about here, VAG DPF
After having it connect to my OBDLink MX, this comes up

This was purchased from an amazon, not a third party amazon seller so I'm very confident it isn't a cheap knockoff
Anything I can do besides buying a new adapter? Paid $80 for this
I'm new here, so if the mods could put it in the right place I would appreciate it

joesaiditstrue

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L DSG
After scrolling through the custom engine group option, I noticed that my engine code isnt even listed there

Maybe my car isnt compatible with this app?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I use it for my car (CVCA) and it works fine. It isn't set up for all US cars though and it says to test the free version before paying for the paid version. Only thing I can suggest is trying other various engine configs and see if any of those work for you. The Passats and Beetles share the same engine and should work for those. I wrote to the app developer who is overseas and he needs a car there for testing to add to the app. So probably not going to get any more updates for US cars at this point.