Tools and hardware needed for DMF replacement on 2006 Jetta?? DSG - BRM

skglidden

TDI
'06 Jetta
I have done a lot of research in this forum and gotten lots of great information on how to replace the DMF on my 06 Jetta. One thing that I need some clarification on is exactly what tools and what replacement hardware/parts that I need for the job. I'd like to have everything ready to go before I jump in so I don't get delayed waiting for something to arrive via UPS. Can someone please post a specific list of parts required, parts recommended (TTY hardware?), tools required (triple square bits and sockets with sizes), tools recommended, etc? I have not seen a list like this consolidated on any thread that I could find, only bits and pieces here and there. If such a list already exists, please point me to the thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

TwoTone

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta (sold)
I'm sorry that I don't have a list handy for you, but I did wanted to warn you of one possibility that seems to be rare.

The two halves of my DMF got stuck in a position that would not allow me to get to the fly wheel bolts. Even using a air hammer I couldn't line up the bolts with the holes, so without a torch, I had to cut the fly wheel apart with a air hammer- no fun and time consuming.

Just giving you a heads up. So far I've only read of one other person running into this.
Here are some pics of mine:

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Haven't seen that problem with a DSG :confused:
In any case get a set of triple square sockets and either a lift or transmission jack. Don't forget a torque wrench will be handy to have. I reused all my bolts. I don't remember needing any other special tools.

TwoTone

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta (sold)
Haven't seen that problem with a DSG :confused:
In any case get a set of triple square sockets and either a lift or transmission jack. Don't forget a torque wrench will be handy to have. I reused all my bolts. I don't remember needing any other special tools.
Yea I don't know if it has or not, but I'm assuming the DMF is similar and so it's a possibility.