www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old March 4th, 2004, 23:58   #46
DaveC
Veteran Member

Default 2004 West Coast TDIFest! (Let\'s Start Planning)

I have a suggestion as to how to "get the ball rolling" on this. We need an organizing committee. I propose that we have a meeting in the SF bay area within the next few weeks of people that would be interested in devoting the time and energy to making the West Coast GTG a reality. This committee should meet on a regular basis to get the GTG organized, and make it a reality.
We should have a committee position for each subject of interest. This committee person will put the effort into organizing something for that item. Different positions may be: Power enhancements, track locating for drag racing, location of the event, biodiesel, vendor exhibits, ect.
What do you think? Shall we do it?

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:02   #47
KERMA

DaveC:

Sounds like a good plan. Tooo bad I am so distant...
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:52   #48
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52/47/39

HOw about doing the little meeting this Fri, March 13th an In & Out in Daily City?
NewTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:31   #49
KERMA

Update: Giuseppe will be arriving August 3 in SanFran, spending a few days there, off to LA that weekend and Las Vegas on the way to Utah for the EDGE weekend and DHRA sanctioned race in SLC on the 13th. Leaving from SanFran on the 26. Doesn' look too good for a weekend GTG in SFBA, but maybe SoCal at Capo? Leonard said he's game for some tech sessions, too.
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:34   #50
Fahrfromfuelin

TDI(s): 1999 1/2 TDI

Hello everyone I am from the interior of BC and was hoping to follow this thread in hopes that I might be able to attend. I have a 99 1/2 Jetta Tdi with 150,000 kms and recently purchased a Vag Com and have looked around on this site many times and it has been a wealth of information. It would be so nice to get the Berlin Buick out on the track...... and against other tdi's it's almost like big go-carts you don't want to scratch up. Never have done the 4 wheel route yet on a track but I'd really like to see this happen and I know I'm coming in real late so I'll be the last person to gripe about where it's held. Thanks again Ryan
Fahrfromfuelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 02:09   #51
Pcar993
Veteran Member

How about LACR? http://www.lacr.net/ Maybe we can rent those portable dyno rollers that are mounted on those trucks for those that want to dyno also. There is plenty of room to wrench with our cars and a drag strip. maybe some will race for pink slips. this might get interesting.
Pcar993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 15:36   #52
Neno
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 TDI
Fuel Economy: 51/46/38

I would be definetely in. Locations that sound pretty good are Reno and Las Vegas, since they are kind of cetral for folks from Oregon, Cali, Utah, Colorado, Washington..etc.. Maybe there could be a Vote held of some sort so that we can avoid this back and forth "I want this" and "I want this"; and actually determine a date... Just an idea..
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Neno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 20:15   #53
KERMA

I think there will be several GTG during August. Giuseppe will be making the rounds.

I know we will have something to co-incide with the "Weekend on the EDGE" sonsored by Edge Products here in Utah, weekend of the 13 august.

Maybe the prior weekend in LA, maybe the CAPO GTG can be that weekend? Actually those dates would absolutely work the best.

I'm sure Peter Pyce will arrange something in SFBA to coincide with Giuseppe arrival and departure from San Fran.