Another window question

Dallas

TDI
2 Jetta TDI's
My front passenger window was rolled down a few inches for a couple days. Went to roll it back up and it was dead, no up or down with any switch or door switch, the others worked fine. I figured it was the door harness or motor. Checked the harness and it was good. I then plugged the door switch back into the motor (big connector) and it works fine now!!!??
What did I reset??

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
I've had a very similar problem and am curious if there's an explanation. My passenger or driver side will do something similar every few weeks or so. After after a few off and on cycles with the key, it starts to work again. I've confirmed with the remote and the lock to make sure it's not just the driver side controller. I do remember seeing a VCDS code related to the windows when checking a different problem, but haven't looked into the window code yet.

Have you looked to see if there's any VCDS faults?

Dallas

TDI
2 Jetta TDI's
I don't have the vcds tool, just an obd2 so I'm not sure. I on/off cycled mine over the course of a few days thinking it would probably start working, nope. That's when I took the panel off and disconnected the door switch plug.