www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old May 19th, 2019, 08:37   #1
DieselDub

Default FS: Performance pump by Giles at Performance Diesel Injection

Hello!

I'm selling my 'Super pump' built by Giles at PDI. It is a Mk2 IDI pump built with a 1.9L cam plate and all Giles' tricks. I was running it on a 1.9L AAZ in N/A configuration (with proper 1.9L "D-port" intake manifold and dual outlet N/A exhaust manifold-- also both for sale) in a Mk2 Jetta. An excellent combination. Plenty of power for modern traffic and simplicity, economy and reliability that can't be beaten.
Sadly, the car rusted out from around the engine, so it's being parted out.

The pump has 8000km (~5000 miles)on it, gently gathered over the last 10 years. Stanadyne lubricity formula was always used with each fill up.
Functions perfectly! Will fit 1.5, 1.6, 1.9L engines with the appropriate bracketry. Mk1 needs a Mk1 pump bracket because it includes the passenger side engine mount. Late AAZ or AHU/ALH being converted to N/A would need to use Mk1 or Mk2 pump bracket. I can include a Mk2 mount if you need at no extra charge.
If put on a 1.6L, you'd probably need to turn the fuel screw out a bit to avoid being overly smokey... or just add nitrous oxide!

Asking $500 Canadian ($375 USD-- about half the price of new)

Located in Toronto Ontario, can deliver for a bit extra up to 1 hr drive in any direction from there, or ship worldwide.

Just for fun, here's a link to what a diesel sounds like in N/A form with a good exhaust system, on my car.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvoZ9HcegY

Here's the Man himself, Giles of PDI.
https://i987.photobucket.com/albums/...E1C66B736.jpeg

more of the pump:

https://i987.photobucket.com/albums/...C6FD90A8F.jpeg

There's the expected weathering on the outside of the pump, but don't let that turn you off. Performance pumps are the heart and soul of diesel power and that goes equally with n/a engines. This pump will provide full fueling a little past 6000RPM. With the proper intake and exhaust, it'll beat an equivalent-year/setup 8v GTI in a drag race or autocross race. (proven)
This pump will provide your N/A engine with a dramatic increase in performance.
Buy with confidence!
DieselDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:24   #2
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Awsome pumps. I am running one on my n/a 1.6.

I wish I had the $ right now, I'd buy it
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:44   #3
DieselDub

Yes, itís amazing the difference a modified pump makes!
DieselDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 18:45   #4
brady rogers

Fuel Economy: 47,28,43

Another testament to these pumps, like running a turbo at 5 psi on your 1.6na all the time. Also hes right on the price. By the time you ship to Canada and back, your into the pump for almost 1000$ I think my receipt shows 970$. This is a smoking deal. I can run 70mph steady up most hills now with my 1.6na rabbit diesel.
brady rogers is offline   Reply With Quote