www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old May 12th, 2019, 15:37   #1
Charlotte Fox

TDI(s): 06 beetle
Default 2015 Gold Sportwagen

Buying a 2015 Golf Sportwagen (haven't pick it up yet)with 10,000 miles and the TDI recall has not been done and I plan on keeping it that way.
I have been driving TDI's for about 15 years. Just bought the wife a 2013 A3 and my son bought a 2012 Jetta sportwagen both TDI's.. Got rid of the two 2003 Jetta wagons and a 2005 Beetle, all TDI's. So with this new 2015 Golf TDi whats the story on the adblue for the exhaust. Any other thought/comments on the Golf Wagon.
Thanks
Charlotte Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 15:41   #2
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Love my golf wagon. What options does it have on it? Manual or auto, why keeping it no emissions fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 15:47   #3
Charlotte Fox

Automatic. No sun/moon roof not good in Texas. Has just about everything.
Don't have to have it done and it gets better mileage.
What the adblue?
Old May 12th, 2019, 15:54   #4
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Adblue should last from what I read about 15k. No common issues with it as I’ve read. My car has it and no issues thus far? And the mpg “scare” regarding the phase 2 fix I’ve seen argued both ways honestly. So take that as you will. Do you have the bi xenon? Those are nice from what I hear. Mine didn’t have them so I swapped in some Ed reps instead.

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
Old May 16th, 2019, 23:21   #5
Maxhawk

The emissions fix gets you a hell of a warranty:
Warranty Period
The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited warranty extension shall be the greater of:
  • 11 years or 162,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date; OR
  • 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of Phase 1 of the emissions modification. At the time of the subsequent Phase 2 modification, the extended warranty will be honored for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of the completion of Phase 2.
Old May 17th, 2019, 01:05   #6
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member

You’re a fool for not getting the fix, and unless it’s being sold by a private owner, it’s had to have had the Phase 1 already in order to be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBrown View Post
Do you have the bi xenon?
No sunroof means it’s the S-trim. The only thing it’ll have “feature wise” is leatherette seats.
2010 VW Jetta TDI RIP

Last edited by JM Popaleetus; May 17th, 2019 at 09:51.
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 05:23   #7
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

I don't know what private seller in their right mind would be selling the car without collecting the fix $. I guess maybe they didn't get the memo about dieselgate. And if its from a dealer then it had to be done.

Wrong on the heated seats. The 2015's only put the heated seats on the SE and SEL. Not that its a big deal in Texas.
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 07:31   #8
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Congrats on the new car! I like my '15, although, sadly, I like my '02 Jetta Wagon better.

Regarding adblue, fill when it's low. Or when you change the oil. Any product will do. That's about all you need to know.
Old May 17th, 2019, 08:53   #9
740GLE
Veteran Member

I'd bet the car has at least phase 1.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:42   #10
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

I've bought and sold three TDIs without a fix. Unless you count my version of a fix, LOL.

Some people just want the car to operate correctly, run good, be reliable, and get good fuel economy. Not be on a first name basis with every service writer at the dealer because something is always wrong, or a warning light is constantly coming on, or the car gets screwed up by some tech trying to beat flat rate on recall work. More to life than money.
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:54   #11
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITEWAGON View Post
Wrong on the heated seats. The 2015's only put the heated seats on the SE and SEL. Not that its a big deal in Texas.
I stand corrected. I had just assumed since V-Tex usually meant at least heated seats on prior TDIs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
I've bought and sold three TDIs without a fix. Unless you count my version of a fix, LOL.
Some people just want the car to operate correctly, run good, be reliable, and get good fuel economy. Not be on a first name basis with every service writer at the dealer because something is always wrong, or a warning light is constantly coming on, or the car gets screwed up by some tech trying to beat flat rate on recall work. More to life than money.
I’d rather get the fix, be allowed to actually register the car in my sometimes overly-liberal state, and then do the deletes.

And frankly, if this guy is asking how AdBlue works, my gut tells me he might not be the type to Google/DIY and might want the peace of mind having a 160K mine warranty.
2010 VW Jetta TDI RIP

Last edited by JM Popaleetus; May 17th, 2019 at 09:59.
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:01   #12
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Problem is, in the case of all the ones I had, I would have needed to do things to them first in order to get the fix. They all had a bad DPF. And honestly I was getting tired of swapping the one good DPF I had to several customers' cars so they could get their fix, then swap their bad one back on, and then they could go and get their new DPF.

Too much BS knowing they were all going to get deleted anyway. VAG's approach to this has been pretty dumb. They won't apply the fix if something is wrong with the car, even if that something wrong would be a covered item.

The ping-ponging back and forth these poor people have been dealing with would drive me crazy.
Old May 27th, 2019, 14:59   #13
Charlotte Fox

Default 2015 Golf Sportwagen

Picked up the car Saturday morning. Drove from SC to Texas on Sunday. Average about 47 mpg running 70 to 80 mph.
Nice car. Wife has a 13 A3, son has a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. Rides like Jetta, performs and handles like the A3.
Only issue I have is one of the key FOBs doesn't work. Installed new battery and then tried to program.. Any tricks I need to know?
Thanks
Old May 27th, 2019, 15:42   #14
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Fox View Post
Picked up the car Saturday morning. Drove from SC to Texas on Sunday. Average about 47 mpg running 70 to 80 mph.

Nice car. Wife has a 13 A3, son has a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. Rides like Jetta, performs and handles like the A3.

Only issue I have is one of the key FOBs doesn't work. Installed new battery and then tried to program.. Any tricks I need to know?

Thanks

When I put a new battery in one of my keys I didn’t need to reprogram anything. It just worked.

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
Old May 28th, 2019, 07:19   #15
mkane
Veteran Member

TDI(s): GSW SEL 6spd

I got a mileage increase after phase 2
mkane is offline   Reply With Quote