CKRA Timing Belt Help

DarkLordDad

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Hey fellas,

I'm looking for someone to help do a timing belt on my '14 tdi CKRA engine. Never done one before, have some but not all of the tools and want to learn. Plan on ordering the kit from Dieselgeek unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

I'm in the DCish (fairfax) area but willing to go throughout most of virginia, maryland, pennsylvania.

Additionally, if anyone around this area is in need of the DSG fluid kit - I have the one from IDParts. More than happy to lend it out or help with fluid change.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
I just did this about six months ago to my 12. I only used a cheap amazon timing belt tool kit ($20) and made a quick counter hold tool for a few bucks (easy enough with some bar stock). Put together a continental timing belt kit via Rock Auto for about $220. And invested a few hours of my time. REALLY easy job all told. I used the widely available MTD guide for the newer motors. I removed a single vacuum line and left everything else in place and worked around it.

Get the timing belt kit that has a new tensioner stud. Remove the old stud along with the tensioner. This way you don't have to fart around with the engine mount.

gflynn

TDI
2012 Passat
There seems to be different intervals as to when the timing belt should be replaced.
Have a 2012 Passat with 176,000 kms
Thoughts comments please
Thanks, Gerard