My new (to me) 2015 Golf SE TDI

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
Hi everyone!

Well, the time came to sell my old 2001 Golf TDI. I was the original owner and had put 393K miles on her. She was the most reliable car I've ever had. I've passed the car on to an owner here on the boards, and may she continue to give him and his family great service!

The reason I sold it was because I had purchased THIS! My 2015 Golf TDI SE. With 6-speed manual. And the lighting package. Boy, is this a sweet ride! I'm currently having a ball getting used to her. It was quite the upgrade over the old 2001.

She's currently at 44K miles, and I think she's going to last a good long while.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I got a white one, too, but it's a wagon. And my Red Golf is still around.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
@IBW: I think it's awesome that you still drive your mk4 wagon daily even with the mk7 in the garage. If I'd had more space, I would have kept the mk4 around.

@jerrymander: I'm originally from CO... I can't imagine if it snowed down here. People would see flurries and totally lose their minds!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Here's the two wagons:

I like them both, but I'm used to the '02. And it gets better FE in local driving.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
I would have kept my Tornado Red Golf if I'd had the room, but my house just isn't designed to have 4 cars in the driveway. I can't get rid of the '81 Rabbit right now, so the red Golf had to take the hit for the team.

Your '02 is still in great shape! They really stay nice if you just keep dirt off of them and keep up on maintenance. Mine still turned heads at 18 years old!

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
I've had the mk7 for 5 years and 113K miles already (I've put 70K on it). It's been a great car, though not quite as tight as the mk4 was. It had some problems with the sunroof leaking (shock!) that I fixed with some RTV and the 'kit' that VW sells to fix the cracks in the drain. I also had a spare tire well full of water at one point. That was fixed by putting RTV around the rear vents under the bumper. It's also needed 2 batteries in 5 years. Otherwise, it's been running and driving perfect. I did the timing belt at 100K miles as it's 9 years old.

I upgraded from the MIB1 head unit to an MIB2 to get Carplay. I also put in the 8" glass screen - it looks all up-to-date now!

Here's a pic with my good ol' trusty Rabbit Diesel...

And my MIB2 upgrade with 8" glass screen...

I'm planning to keep the car for awhile longer, but I'm starting to need something larger. I may have to get a Tiguan or *gasp* an ID.4 (should I decide to try electric). For now I'll keep the Golf and continue to enjoy it.