Receiving refund for GAP and PDR from dealership that's been sold twice

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
I'm in a peculiar situation with trying to receive a pro-rated refund for the additions I received at the time of purchase.

I bought my car from a dealership that has been sold twice in the past 4 and a half years. I went to the original dealership to find out how to go about the process, only to be informed that they can't do anything about it (fair enough since they are the new owners) and advised me to look at my original paperwork from the day of the sale. That lead me to contact VW Credit since I couldn't find the paperwork and they sent me copies of it online as a PDF document. They also told me that they can't process the refund either, which I didn't expect them to.

Called the company that administers the GAP coverage, and they said that they can not cancel the coverage as they didn't first apply it. They told me to contact the original dealership who did so (which obviously doesn't exist). But they provided me with the number for the dealership group, which is Boardwalk Auto Group, and I've tried to call them a few times but I can not get through them for the life of me.

I'm assuming the same process will occur with the PDR (I wish I never got it even though it was a small amount since I never used it).

The only reason I got the GAP coverage was because I was putting no money down at the time of purchase, but since years have passed to the point where I obviously won't be upside down, I just don't see any need to keep it.

Any ways I can get the money back before the buyback? Or should I just bite the bullet and let it be?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Sounds like you're on the right track chasing this down through Boardwalk. Are their other dealerships nearby? Is it worth your time dropping in in person? That's must've the test of whether this is worth your while tho pursue.

In the future, buy your GAP from your insurer or lender. It'll most likely be less expensive, but also easier to administer, since those two parties are directly involved with any claim.

No advice on the dent repair. As a rule, I always avoid the add-ons.

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
Sounds like you're on the right track chasing this down through Boardwalk. Are their other dealerships nearby? Is it worth your time dropping in in person? That's must've the test of whether this is worth your while tho pursue.

In the future, buy your GAP from your insurer or lender. It'll most likely be less expensive, but also easier to administer, since those two parties are directly involved with any claim.
Boardwalk AG does have two dealerships nearby: Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano and Lamborghini Dallas of Richardson.

Although I'm not sure it would yield any benefit if I walk in to either of those high-end dealerships about my purchase lol

I've contacted them via their Contact Us page, but no dice. And they do not have a messaging function enabled for their FB page so I can't contact them that way either. I tried to contact them via a number I was provided but no one answers that line at all.

Ditto on the GAP coverage, but I don't think VW Credit even offers GAP coverage. It was also one of those things that was being taken care of at the time of purchase and since it was through VW Credit I must have assumed that it would go through them as well. :confused:

No advice on the dent repair. As a rule, I always avoid the add-ons.
Agreed. Hindsight is always 20/20. Thankfully I avoided the extended warranty lol

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
How long ago did you buy your car? If it has been more than 4 years, I doubt there is anything left on the GAP or PDR prorated amount.

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
How long ago did you buy your car? If it has been more than 4 years, I doubt there is anything left on the GAP or PDR prorated amount.
August 2012, so I suppose you're right.