www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old June 7th, 2019, 18:44   #1561
Chris Bell
Veteran Member

Are those GTI seats with custom suede insert panels?
'96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio
Chris Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 21:37   #1562
Cuzoe

TDI(s): MK7 Golf S

Nope, imported GTD seats from a shop in the Netherlands... I'm retrofitting heated seats into my Golf S. I was originally looking for GTI plaid seats, and then I figured GTD plaid (all gray) was more fitting for a TDI. I've been looking on worldwide eBay for those and stumbled across these. I figure they're less common than the GTD plaid, though neither is common in the states. I suspect I have one of the few if not only sets of these on this side of the pond.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 22:02   #1563
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Those do look nice. Do you know if they're available in a lighter color, per chance? [In doing a search, the word seat often gives results for a Seat car. Imagine!] But these are different than any others I'm seeing for a Mk VII GTD in euro markets.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 22:38   #1564
Cuzoe

Don't know that they come any lighter. They do come in a GTI version with the red I was trying to avoid in the GTI plaid). I liked them enough (even with the red) that I messaged the seller, who said to message them for a shipping quote worldwide. They never responded but the auction ended saying the item went unsold. I ended up finding these seats in the meantime and they are "GTD gray" which is perfect to me.

In any case, I wouldn't say either of these options is light but the non suede parts of the seats are a perfect match for the door panels. And yes, searches with Seat always include results for seat cars. I was sorting by highest price which would normally show me any actual seats that were available.

Old June 10th, 2019, 18:15   #1565
Cuzoe

Got the front seats in...

Old June 12th, 2019, 06:13   #1566
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

Those look great! Bolstering looks exact to the SEL seats, and I think they're fantastic for sportier driving keeping you nice and planted in the seat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
'15 Golf | GTD1752vrk, 4bar MAP, CP3, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE w/DMF, Fluidampr
adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 23:20   #1567
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

Sooo...anyone interested in a set of SEL leather seats for...what did that ebay page say....750?

(Nice find, Cuzoe!!)

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, DSG tune
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:59   #1568
codyayrton

Returned from deployment Sunday, about two weeks ago. TDI sitting around for months. No response from the start/stop engine button, but the FOB was working to lock and unlock doors. Battery had 11.9-ish volts. Jiggling the engine start/stop button while depressed seemed to help. Followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ1YwDmxAQ to dismantle center console and http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=430031 for switch cleaning. Works fine now. Removed the snow tires. Waxed the hood, front bumper, and fenders.

codyayrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:11   #1569
Chris Bell
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzoe View Post
So, it looks like the insides of the bolsters, the rear section of the seat bottom and the front of the headrests are faux suede and the hexagon pattern material is velour?
I ask because I'm doing custom upholstery on my SEL seats and looking at different design schemes.
'96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio

Last edited by Chris Bell; June 15th, 2019 at 11:15.
Chris Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 13:16   #1570
Cuzoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bell View Post
So, it looks like the insides of the bolsters, the rear section of the seat bottom and the front of the headrests are faux suede and the hexagon pattern material is velour?
I ask because I'm doing custom upholstery on my SEL seats and looking at different design schemes.
That's what it feels like to me. I'm really enjoying the "hug" of the new seats. Seats will not ship with airbags so I transferred the air bags from my front seats. The new upper seat cover has a zipper up one side and is relatively easy to remove. The leatherette seat covers have no such zipper; they just "stretch to remove. What a pain. I also bought a new passenger seat occupancy sensor (which is also the heating element) and installed that in my new passenger seat. The airbags can be resistor-ed out (3.3 ohm 1/4 watt) but no one seems to have fooled the occupancy sensor. I wanted to (and did) keep all the safety functionality. I transferred my seat harnesses to the new seats. My car didn't come with heated seats so I'm retrofitting that function as well; harnesses from Kufatec, A/C panel from a wrecker, and highline BCM from the dealer (midline in my car does not have the pins for seat heaters).

Are you doing the upholstery yourself? I suppose any shop will know this (I didn't going in) but to remove the covers you will have to cut a bunch of metal rings that hold the covers "tight" to the seat. I replaced these metal rings with zip ties when I put the covers back on. If the covers aren't re-secured at these points they look awful. I'll edit with some (not very good) pictures to show what I'm talking about. In any case, post up the seats after you get them done!
Old June 15th, 2019, 18:17   #1571
bigb
Veteran Member

Installed my Alltrack skid plate, it was easier than I had anticipated after reading what some others went through with the brackets. I could not put a socket and extension thru the grill as some have because there are no holes there but I was able to get them bolted up using a long thin 13mm racheting wrench. There is a key on each bracket that fits a hole along side the bolt hole to line them up but it is not perfect and I had to adjust them to line up with the skid plate holes. I actually think I can hear the engine just a tad more with the insulation now gone (I bought a used plate with no padding), I think the diesel rattle echoes off the bare, solid plate. Anyway I feel better with this skid plate, the biggest risk here especially in hot weather is hitting a "gator" off a tractor trailer and I think this plate will offer decent protection from that.
Old Yesterday, 11:54   #1572
740GLE
Veteran Member

If you got the plate and brackets for a decent price it can't be beat and hasn't me wanting to replace it for something beefier.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:15   #1573
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
If you got the plate and brackets for a decent price it can't be beat and hasn't me wanting to replace it for something beefier.
$40 for the plate, about $40 for the brackets and about another $40 for bolts some of which I didn't need. I could have got the bolts way cheaper at the hardware store but running a business leaves me little time so I chose quick and easy. And a 13mm racheting wrench which I think was $14 but I never count tools as part of the cost of a project because more tools are better.
Old Yesterday, 18:22   #1574
thundershorts
Veteran Member

i guess you could put some insulation on the skid plate like dynamat but why bother. I'm putting mine on soon.