viewing tunes installed on flashzilla

jtskir222

TDI
2014 jetta wagon tdi 2015 passat b7 tdi
So I can't see the tunes on flashzilla when on my pc.
Only when plugged into car I see them.
Or am I missing something on the pc?

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though

jtskir222

TDI
Why do you need to "see" the tunes?
I just wanted to see what was installed.
It says download data or something. But then nothing shows when I download it.
So I was curious why it shows nothing.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
PC have a “hide file” feature that is a pain sometimes to disable to see what’s really in the file. Most likely if you do get it open you will find just coding.

jtskir222

TDI
PC have a “hide file” feature that is a pain sometimes to disable to see what’s really in the file. Most likely if you do get it open you will find just coding.
Was just looking for what tunes are installed.
Don't care about coding

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Not quite sure what you're trying to do? Download is to download data from the device that was pulled off a car, it won't download the tunes loaded on the device just the read from the car, upload would be loading a file sent. The file will been named for what tune it is, the device will tell you if that file uploaded, then you can check them via obd before flashing to the car. The powergate devices don't always show files loaded on the tool, it will also say "vin not locked" even if it is, Italian software and has the odd quirk.

jtskir222

TDI
I thought the dl would list the tunes.
Didn't realize it dl the data.

Not quite sure what you're trying to do? Download is to download data from the device that was pulled off a car, it won't download the tunes loaded on the device just the read from the car, upload would be loading a file sent. The file will been named for what tune it is, the device will tell you if that file uploaded, then you can check them via obd before flashing to the car. The powergate devices don't always show files loaded on the tool, it will also say "vin not locked" even if it is, Italian software and has the odd quirk.

jtskir222

TDI

jtskir222

TDI

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I will state when i went from stg 2 to a stg 1+ (to avoid DMF shudder) I was trying to check to see the upload to the device succeeded via the laptop, but was left just assuming it did, and verified once it was plugged into the car.