New member question regarding 40k Jetta TDI transmission fluid flush

Icedave825

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan
I just bought a 2014 jetta TDI sedan with 39k miles. Does the dsg transmission fluid change need to be performed within 1,000 miles of the 40k mile mark ? Can the transmission fluid change be performed at any Transmission shop other than a vw dealer ? How much should this cost approximately as my local vw dealer is charging $510. Please advise. Thank you.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
The service needs to be done at 40k but I'm sure the tranny wont fail if you have to wait until 45k or something to get funds together, but dont stretch it much past 50k. I personally wouldn't take it to just any shop, the dealer, a local TDI 'guru' or someone with proven experience with vw DSG's would be my preference if I where to have someone do it for me. My dealer does it for about $350 and in that ballpark is where I'd expect to pay to have someone do it right. You can do it yourself, there are a few methods of doing it and plenty of YouTube videos to show you how. The fluid and filter will run you between 100-150$ depending on where you get it. Good luck!!!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Well this is a tdi site. 1.8T is gas correct? What tranny does it have. If it is a DSG I answered your question in the other thread you posted in.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The 2014 1.8L Jetta would use the Aisin transmission if it is an automatic. We use Idemetsu branded TLS-LV in all those. Or your local Toyota dealer has WS fluid (it is essentially a Toyota transmission).