Anyone used this product? Results
One can is abt $100 with shipping
I have a can ordered will be here in a few days

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
“Liquid Intelligence 229 Will Fix Diesel Fuel Pump Leaks by Swelling and Softening And Rejuvenating Nitrile Fuel Pump Seals. Guaranteed.”

So does Biodiesel!:D
Try a tank of B99 first- cheaper, and won't make Robert Bosch spin in his grave.

Edward0712

TDI
03 Volkswagen jetta (alh)
Cant get b99 where I live
Already tried automatic transmission fluid, it didn't work

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Might work but it'll prolly only be temporary. Probably a solvent that the seals absorb which then cooks out and they shrink again.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I don't know if your magic elixir will work since I don't know anything about your pump. Maybe yes, and maybe no.

One thing is for certain: a new seal kit and the special tool you'd need to do that job is less than than the magic fluid. If the main shaft seal is the one that is leaking, then magic fluid won't do it. And if it is the usual culprits leaking, then you are better off with new seals anyway.

But, have a go, and let us know how it is doing. Also, check to see if the hose leading to the coolant recovery tank is OK or if leaking diesel has degraded that hose. It is the smaller one coming off a metal stub below the distribution line end of the injection pump.

Cheers,

PH

Edward0712

TDI
So since I am dumb as a rock
Maybe u could draw a picture then color it in with crayons so I know which line ur talking about only if ur smart enough to draw & color

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
So since I am dumb as a rock
Maybe u could draw a picture then color it in with crayons so I know which line ur talking about only if ur

Do some reading on this site before deciding to take feedback personally. Most of this forum's users are skeptical of these types of products and they use similar terms to describe them. Nothing personal and as he said, it may work.

The rest of his answer was meant to be helpful. He has no way of knowing what level of detail is useful for an unknown person on the internet

Last edited:

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Good attitude for a newb looking for help.

If you read his post it tells you what and where the line is but you have to read it, not just look at it.

Edward0712

TDI
I only asked one question (anyone used this product)?
I know where the pump is leaking & how to fix it
I am not mechanically incompetent
That's the reason I got the attitude

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I've never heard of this product before. I know my neighbor tried some type of compound that was supposed to repair a cracked head on his sons VR6 Jetta. Didn't work.

We have no idea of your mechanical abilities, usually when someone asks a question about a product like this it's because they have no mechanical competence or they just don't want to do the work necessary to fix the problem.

Most of us would just get a seal kit and reseal the pump. Or find a used pump and swap it out. There is a write up in the TDI 101 section on how to do just that if your'e interested.

As PH pointed out any time diesel leaks onto rubber coolant hoses it eats them away to the point of failure.

My personal thinking is that it may help for a short time but then in a month or two you'll be right back where you are now. However keep us updated, we'd like to know if it works.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I do way too much reading on these forums and I've never heard of any stop leak for an injection pump. In general these solutions often don't work and can cause damage. We understand why you're researching this solution. IPs are darn expensive.