Golf Mk7

Tfinn

TDI
2013 Golf DSG
Where will the 2014/15 Mk7 be assembled for the US market? How about the GTD? When are they expected to be available for sale?

New to the Golf. Just got a 13 TDI/DSG two door, and wishing that I opted for the 4 door. Otherwise enjoying the VW engineering.

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
The earliest MK7 here in the US will be a 2015 model... likely 3rd quarter of 2014 or so. I imagine we will see the GTI and golf first, then later on diesels, wagons and GTDs... and yes the GTD will be coming, I'm told in about 2 years time or so, end of 2015 as a 2016 model.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I knew that, but I was surprised to learn that the GTI would also be built in Mexico.
Well so far my wife's Mexican-built 2013 Golf TDI wagon has been flawless and my German-built 2011 Golf TDI hatch was a lemon.

Edit: So much so that was planning on picking up a German-built 2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition on Friday to replace it but decided to keep my TDI. :eek:

Perhaps I should wait for the Mexican-built Mk VII to come out instead :p

Last edited:

dsldub

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Wagon TDI
The last four cars I have owned were built in Mexico:

Mk3 golf gl
Mk4 jetta tdi
Mk5 jetta 2.5
Mk6 Golf wagon Tdi

And I can see a Mk7 golf tdi in my driveway someday.....

dsldub

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Wagon TDI
I saw that car at the FreeDrive event in Malton...were you there?
I could see getting into one of those in a couple of years time.
Yes, I was there Sunday morning @ the Volkswagen Freedriving Tour. Short fun, but cool anyways for VW to do something like that.