WANT!!! Drivers Front Heated Seat

chargersrt10

TDI
00 Mk4 Jetta TDI ALH
I'm looking for a Drivers Front Heated Seat(Black Cloth(Mouse fur) for my 2000 Jetta TDI. If anyone in the GTA can help me locate a seat I'd be much obliged. Thanks Cheers. Chargersr10

Last edited:

chargersrt10

TDI
00 Mk4 Jetta TDI ALH
@Johhny04 Thanks for the tip. I will ask him as I'm going there on Saturday.

@MoldovaDIZEL Just got off the phone with a good friend who works at Volkswagen. I'm told the Heated seat Control Modules are different and wouldn't allow me to use a leather seat. None the less Thank you for the offer.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
It's the year of the car that makes the difference, not the material. The earlier mk4 models had a different connector for the heated seats than the later models. I just don't remember if they changed in 2000 or 2001....

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
The switches are different for cloth and leather, but its only a minor detail in how hot it will let the seats get for a given settings. So if you mix and match it's possible that your seats might run a bit hotter or cooler than intended. Not likely to be something you'd notice though.

There was a switch recall years ago that went to a cooler temp switch to avoid lighting peoples pants on fire.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
The only issue with swapping seats is the air bag connector. They changed for the 2002 model year. So you would need a seat from a 2000 or early 2001 if you want it to be plug & play. Otherwise, you would have to cut & splice connectors. The heater plug harness did not change.

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
The switches are different for cloth and leather, but its only a minor detail in how hot it will let the seats get for a given settings. So if you mix and match it's possible that your seats might run a bit hotter or cooler than intended. Not likely to be something you'd notice though.
There was a switch recall years ago that went to a cooler temp switch to avoid lighting peoples pants on fire.

Like this ..

My wife sent me this pic today after lunch .. said her leg was getting way to warm .. so she shut off the switch .. took this when she got home and out of the car .. :eek:

Was in the same sitch as the OP .. just got the Golf and heated seat had no heat .. found a used pair or seats .. no idea what year they were out of ..

So now I have the original seat in the basement waiting to be pulled apart and fixed . and guess who gets to drive the Golf again ..

Is there a way to tell what switch you have? Pre Recall or Post ? part number difference?

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
The air bag is the yellow connector. The heated seat is green.
Most VW connectors come apart. You can release the pins with the proper tool (Which I have) and swap them into the other connector. I have never looked at the airbag ones up close, but I assume they would be the same.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Most VW connectors come apart. You can release the pins with the proper tool (Which I have) and swap them into the other connector. I have never looked at the airbag ones up close, but I assume they would be the same.

Been there, done that. The pins are different. No way to swap the connectors. If someone is really anal, you can remove the pins from the connector, then remove the pins from the wires and re-crimp them on the old wires. But those are small crimps and pretty delicate work. Much easier to just cut & splice.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Is there a way to tell what switch you have? Pre Recall or Post ? part number difference?
Assuming thats the seat base(hard to tell from the pic) but that would be exactly it.

Part number would be the easiest way to tell pre- and post- recall switches.

Out of curiosity what setting did she have the seat heaters set to when that happened?

I know in my personal vehicle I have 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg edition seats and the switches are cloth pre-recall switches. In my car 1 is warm(typical setting for long trips), 2 is very warm(typical setting for short trips <30 minutes), 3 is uncomfortably hot(cant keep it on this setting). And I've never dared to turn them up to 4 or 5.

Last edited: