Willing to pay for help in SW Washington

watercharged

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI
Hello, I just recently purchased a 02' Jetta tdi. I'm looking to replace the timing belt and clean the intake manifold. I would like to learn about this motor while someone works on it with me. I don't have many tools or a good place to work on it. So, I'm looking for someone who has some expertise with these motors, and a willingness to teach me as well. I am willing to pay them with cash, beer, etc... I also consider myself to be a pretty amicable guy who people enjoy hanging out with. I live in the Columbia River Gorge about an hour east of Portland. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to work on the car with someone. Let me know if any of you guys in my area are interested in helping a feller' out! Cheers-- Will Pruett

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
If you're stuck for a place to take your car, I can highly recommend Fix'Um Haus in Portland. Rich is a long-time TDI Club supporter and a stand up guy.

Another option might be to get in touch with Old Poopie if he's still in the "area" and see if he's willing to meet up and maybe do some one-on-one instruction while you work on your car. You'd have to work out price with him (not even sure if he actually does this) but it doesn't hurt to ask.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
First: I agree with Ed.

Second: ED! You must be super busy because I hardly ever see you around anymore.

Brian O'Dell

TDI
2005 GLS Wagon 5spd
Hello, I just recently purchased a 02' Jetta tdi. I'm looking to replace the timing belt and clean the intake manifold. I would like to learn about this motor while someone works on it with me. I don't have many tools or a good place to work on it. So, I'm looking for someone who has some expertise with these motors, and a willingness to teach me as well. I am willing to pay them with cash, beer, etc... I also consider myself to be a pretty amicable guy who people enjoy hanging out with. I live in the Columbia River Gorge about an hour east of Portland. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to work on the car with someone. Let me know if any of you guys in my area are interested in helping a feller' out! Cheers-- Will Pruett
Will,

Did you ever find someone?

Brian

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
Rich at Fix'Um Haus in Portland has done my timing belt, replaced the fuel pump, replaced my manifold and installed Malone chipping. He and his staff are good folks. I drove from Alaska just to have him do my pump. He has my vote.

watercharged

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI
Wow, sorry I left you guys hanging. I ended up using Rich at Fixumhaus for my 02's timing belt. He did a great job. Now, I have an 03 Wagon im converting to run on veggie oil. Wondering if anyone could help me with my A/C as the tank is inside the car and will be heating up the can alot come summer time... Cheers