recall on rear springs 2015 GSW

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
i have not received that letter. i guess i'll just throw away the OE springs that have been sitting on my front porch since I swapped in H&R coils :D

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
The recall is very new, started on 1/24 so I expect everyone with a 2015 GSW and a 2019 Jetta will receive a letter...and it is not voluntary by VW as described on the NHTSA web site

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
My VIN did not pull any recalls.

Is this for the TDIs or gas motors with IRS?

The letter states: "Certain 2015 Model Year Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen and
Certain 2019 Model Year Volkswagen Jetta" Mine is a 2015 GSW TDI S

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Got my letter yesterday. I'll call tomorrow to see if they even have new springs available yet....

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Got my letter yesterday. I'll call tomorrow to see if they even have new springs available yet....
I called today and the service manager wanted to schedule me in. I said when? She said tomorrow? I said you mean you already have the parts? She said oh I don't know, let me find out and call you back. 30 min later she called back-we don't have the parts. We just ordered them and they should arrive next week. I said OK call me when you have the parts and we'll schedule it in:rolleyes:

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
My mother has a 2019 Jetta and received this letter 2 days ago. I expect mine in the mail in the following week. NHTSA website shows nothing yet and my dealership also seems to be in the dark. Since all '15 TDI Sportwagens have the rear torsion beam (same as '19 Jetta), I expect all of us to be receiving this letter

All new Jettas will be getting the repair. So parts should be flowing in shortly.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dealer checked my springs out today, said no cracks. They ordered a set of springs and bolts, slip is in car with part #'s. Advisor said I was first one in to their dealer with recall...

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
This is still not posted for my 2015 GSW TDI SE according to when I looked it up on the NHTSA website. Wonder how long it will take to post. I also just purchased this car 1/18 or so so I wonder if I will even get a recall notice? I am new to the new car world lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESmith813

TDI
2015 Manual GSW TDI SEL
This is still not posted for my 2015 GSW TDI SE according to when I looked it up on the NHTSA website. Wonder how long it will take to post. I also just purchased this car 1/18 or so so I wonder if I will even get a recall notice? I am new to the new car world lol.

I'm in the same boat here. Purchased mine CPO in January, and nothing comes up on my NHTSA VIN search. I'm interested to see if I get notified. If not, at least I know to keep my eye on the rear springs. haha

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I'm in the same boat here. Purchased mine CPO in January, and nothing comes up on my NHTSA VIN search. I'm interested to see if I get notified. If not, at least I know to keep my eye on the rear springs. haha

Exactly what I plan on doing. Mine was a CPO as well.

hillmatic

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
I got my letter last week.

Has anyone heard of other owners having issues with those parts?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I had the rear springs done this past Friday, along with tire rotation. About 2 hours total, no issues so far. Dealer will probably have to order the springs and 2 bolts.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
Got the rear springs replaced last week while getting Emissions Phase 2 done. No issues with the service, got a loaner because of phase 2 so it was painless other than the drive to the dealership. Used Nalley in Alpharetta, they have been great so far: Only signs of the service were a couple spots of spilled coolant in the engine compartment: gone in 5 mins with a wet rag. Bonus: No fingerprints, smudges, loose wires or hoses, and ALL belly pan fasteners were replaced!?! Someone pinch me!

:D