GTG at Meyerhoff Auto Haus in Austin TX. May 26th 2012

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Panzer and fish

I can do another one for the that same price of $275 (plus stupid sales tax)

I've got a boatload of good fishing stories, like the time Jeff and Byron flipped their skiff with about 1500lbs of pink salmon on board. Or when we got a 9ft shark in the net and were able to release it unharmed. How about 26,000lbs. of fish in one day (for like 7 days in a row)!!!

That's fine on the Panzer plate. Look forward to it.

Looks like there are fish stories to be told. Like when my wife hooked a 127 lb. halibut out of Valdez and refused any help in getting it to the boat.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
127 is just about as big a one as I've ever seen in person. I think the biggest one I ever caught was a scant 50lbs.

Craniumboy

TDI
2000 Jetta
Hello all,
I'm new here but, my wife and I are going to come join you all for the gtg. Looking forward to meeting more TDI people and learning more about em.

moclayen

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 2
Stop By

Robbie,

I'll try to stop bye but I guess I'll be the token guy in a gasser since you'll have my TDI there for some TLC. Can I bring anything?

Michael C

runonbeer

TDI
I'm sure after everyone leaves I'll have a long list of suggestions of stuff you could have brought.

My real concern right now is parking. My property is basically a long strip with a finite # of spaces. If you have a George Jetson briefcase car, bring that. I am going to talk to the neighbors about letting us spill over onto their front lot.

Also limited on space inside the shop as there will likely be 6 transmissions and a VW reman shortblock sitting around in here. Might even be a whole VR6 powertrain on the floor if I get Jiggy with the wagon swap.

kenmaira

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Mk4 2001 1.9 ALH
Man! I'd be there but I have to put in new shocks/struts that weekend, hopefully next time!

scharpestguy

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
RunOnBeer,

My 2001 Jetta TDI 5 speed, myself, wife, and two little boys will be there. We will be driving in from NE of Huntsville and staying two nights in Austin having family time, can't wait to meet you all and discuss TDI's.

Scharpe St Family

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
Robby, what time are you opening up that morning? I have a wedding to attend later in the day, so I want to get there early. Soak up as much TDI knowledge as I can. :)

elbutler72

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan
So, I am waaay late to this thread. I will be there.

A couple things. I have (2) 10x10 pop up tents if you need them. Also, I have cases and cases of Pepsi and Pepsi Max I can donate 10 or so 12 packs.

I also, saw you were talking about doing a Shifter Swap. I just ordered a Sigma 5 set for my mark IV(They arrive today!!). I was going to install them this week, but I can hold off and get them done at your GTG if you want to do some shifters.

Anyway, let me know.

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I will be there to assist with Sigma installs if anyone needs help. I will have some new and slightly blemished shifters for sale as well.

runonbeer

TDI
Pop ups and pepsi welcome (beer & water for me :) ). I only have 2 coolers though. There is a fridge on property.

Either Jim (corrado tdi) or I can put your shifter in.

elbutler72

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan
Pop ups and pepsi welcome (beer & water for me :) ). I only have 2 coolers though. There is a fridge on property.

Either Jim (corrado tdi) or I can put your shifter in.
Shifters, just arrived at my office..... Not sure if I can wait till Saturday to get them in....

I will bring a bunch of Pepsi, I should be able to scrounge up a case or two of Miller products and some extra coolers as well.

PM me if you think of anything else I can bring.

Gene

runonbeer

TDI
Yes, you should put it in as soon as possible. It's easy.

I've been known to drink miller lite from time to time. But our Brisket master is strictly a bud light man. I'll cover those 2 cases ;)

I'm also getting a keg so don't overdo it on the beer. The leftovers from the keg will go to my home kegerator.

It's not really a "drinking focused" event but draught beer just tastes better.

Who wants glass headlight lenses? I'm putting in an order.

fordt

TDI
03 Golf, skid plate, lift kit with Bilsteins, now +250K
Dagnabbit! I just got scheduled to work Friday night, and that means until 1 or so in the morning in Fredericksburg! I reckon I'll be a no show for this one now! See ya in June for the clutch install....

Chuckler3

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta 5sp (Alaska Green) 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI BEW 5-sp
might be able to make it down for this. swollen jaw and all from some tooth extractions.

gquenstedt

Veteran Member
TDI
'06, '03 x 2, '00
I will be available to do glass headlight lens installs. I have two Jetta sets and I think Robby said he'll have a couple Jetta and Golf sets available. If anyone is interested please PM or email for details. Thanks, Grant

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Out of town

Darn it! I have been requested by a client to be in Oklahoma City and than at one of their Oklahoma sites all day Friday (and later today). I won't be back in town until Saturday sometime. So I won't be attending this one. :(

Post some pictures later, please. :)

Tony

runonbeer

TDI
Anyone need pump seals? I'll do $100 off for the demo.

If not I'll just put some in my friend Cass' car. He's been trying to kill his pump seals with biodiesel since he got the car. I keep on telling him that won't work. And his pump is bone dry.

Anyone else with parts requests. I can put in an order and get it here next day. I have fuel filters and stuff.

Just went to Costco and got some brauts and stuff. GF is making beans. Mom is bringing potato casserole. I'm gonna get some veggie burgers.
Picking up the keg and Jockey box at the brewery later this afternoon.

Gotta get this place cleaned up!!! There is a pile of cardboard outside the size of my car!

runonbeer

TDI
Darn it! I have been requested by a client to be in Oklahoma City and than at one of their Oklahoma sites all day Friday (and later today). I won't be back in town until Saturday sometime. So I won't be attending this one. :(
Post some pictures later, please. :)
Tony
Bummer. Maybe next time.

danngreen

TDI
2002 Golf TDI 5spd 4dr
I just got tikal's golf yesterday and drove it back to austin.
Perfect timing to meet the tdi crowd in town! I'll bring some fancy bottled beer.

Chuckler3

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm definitely in. Looking forward to finally getting around some TDI's.. Have yet to see any others at any of the "local" VW get-togethers or shows.

Chuckler3

Veteran Member
TDI
I didn't know the mkIV's could do window controls from the remote.