GTA Xmas GTG Date "Poll" Thread

Which date(s) work for you? (You can select both)

• Saturday Dec 1

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Saturday Dec 15

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Lets vote on a date for the GTA folk, and then please provide your location suggestions. The only criterion is near the 401 to make it accessible by all (being a downtowner, I'm not too familiar with what's available "up there"). Oh yeah, and type of venue should be a pub/restaurant with lots of parking ;)

Last edited:

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
i think it would be best to meet up at a sports bar. That way we can get a table, order food and drinks at the same time. Firkin, boston pizza, kelseys, caseys are some that come to mind.

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
neither dates workss for me, but the 1st is my best option of the 2 offered :(

D&B's - food is ok, service is hit'n'miss..but where else can u drink and game:D

further north on rutherford, east of 400 is WEGZ sports bar...on a game night, thats a fun place to be...

Last edited:

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
15th works better for me as I will be in Miami on the first Returning from our Cruise:D :D :D :D :D

I like the Dave and Busters thing as there is other stuf (Pool, Games, etc) to do while we're there.

Better set up that Poll too

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I will be in Ottawa on the 1st...getting back from Winnipeg by the 15th, so will need a warm-up!

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
TDIFred said:
I will be in Ottawa on the 1st...getting back from Winnipeg by the 15th, so will need a warm-up!
someone get Fred a new map. Ottawa and Winnipeg are nowhere near each other!

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
We need to make this somewhere above the 401 if that works for everyone..

15th is the only date that won't work for me.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
OmegaRenegade said:
someone get Fred a new map. Ottawa and Winnipeg are nowhere near each other!
and back to Burlington in between. I will be back by the 15th is what I mean.

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I am actually rather disappointed that it was OmegaRenegade had to point this out... Silver02TDI must be getting complacent in her older age.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't know where you get the idea that it won't? I'm giving people time to vote, since not everybody checks the board daily.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
LOL with all the christmas lights, decorations and colder weather i forget that we still have quite some time between now and then.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
For people's info...there was a christmas GTG about two years ago at Dave and Busters...did a combo from a couple of car clubs in the area. The pool tables were NOT available, as they were set up as eating tables for christmas parties (pre reserved).

The first MAY work, but not sure...so far the plan is to be on the other side of the border that weekend. Already have a double booking on the 15th. :( I'm not going to vote, as so far it doesn't look likely for me attending.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How about the Honest Lawyer near the 404 and Highway 7? They have games, too, but in addition to being a restaurant, they are a bar as well so the later it gets, the busier it gets

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
CmdrData said:
Not sure is there one at 401/Kennedy but there definitely is one at Sheppard/Vic Park Ave.
Yeah, thats the one. I was only off by a couple km. Its been a few years since I went there.