Looking for TDI in Southeast Alaska/Yukon/Seattle

eknuth

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to retire my '82 TD Quantum and go for a much newer TDI. I live in Juneau, Alaska which limits my choices somewhat. I can ship from the Seattle area, or go to Whitehorse, YT.

We don't really have a preference on model or year, just a budget. An automatic would be nice. We're thinking '96-'97, or so.

Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on how to proceed? Anything to be aware of?

I appreciate all your help.

VTJC

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW, 2009, Grey
I am heading up Anchorage for work in early November. I will be leaving from the Burlington, VT area. I would be interested in driving a car up from the lower 48 if you want, from either coast, for the experience. Jamie

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Goood luck , Quantums are rare , I've owned 3 of them .

I think you would better off tying to get a TDI Passat or Beetle TDI , they been here in the US the longest .

I'm so cheap that I squeek when I walk and I'm on my second Passat TDI .

Good Luck ,

eknuth

I'm interested in basically any TDI, especially a Passat. But a beetle, gulf, jetta would be fine.

Thanks for the offer to drive up here. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

thanks

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
No Jetta Or Golf TDI's until late 1997 or early 1998 (very few 1997 Jetta's or Golf"S TDI) . Not many 1998's either . There are two distinct 1999 models , starting in March or April of 1999 . They both are true 1999's .

There are also two different engines , very different engines .

Hope this helps,

Passat TDI Feb. 1996 to March 1998 , this is your best bet at this point .