Anyone interested in Old Navy Fall GTG: Saturday, Oct 17, 2015

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Well it's been a while since the last Oct GTG here SE MO. We've sold the home in town after living there 20 years, and move out in the country on a secluded 10 acre ranch...it's not a farm unless you are growing rocks. ;)

We have missed having the GTG's but I was having health issues, but I've been doing better and since moving to the country even better. Linda has retired finally and we thought we might have another here in the country if enough interested.

There's plenty of parking room, but the garage isn't as big as old house. But unlike other house we don't have the basement and utility room, so garage is full of washer, drier, freezer, refrigerator, 50 gal water heater, clothes and bunch of stuff we've got no place for as yet.

We are about 30 miles from the old house in town, but it is 4 lane highway except the last 3 miles. We are actually easier to find then where we were in town. Our drive way is a 1/2 mile drive thru the woods and circles around the house. We have a covered rear deck and 8x40 front porch.

We are doing this Saturday the 17th of OCT.

By the way we still have no VW's, but my truck is a diesel, as is my tractor.

Last edited:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
We live about 6 miles outside a small town (446) called Ellsinore MO on CR 234 and GPS will actually get you to CR234 and our driveway.
GTG date is Saturday 17 OCT
Our place is actually easier to find then our house was in town, for some it will be 30 miles further and some 30 miles less.

If coming south from IL, the NE area of the US, or SE area of US such as Memphis, take I-55 or I-57 to US 60, and US 60 to Poplar Bluff, and if coming by I-55 go to the I-55 and US 60 interchange at Sikeston MO. Take the 60 West exit to Poplar Bluff, approx 52 miles. At the second Poplar Bluff exit overpass take the first exit 60/67 North to St Louis and go north about 7 miles and then take the highway 60 West exit and go west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (on the right on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

If coming in from the south on Hwy 67N take the bypass around Poplar Buff for about 5 or 6 miles till come to 67N exit to St Louis & Springfield and then go north about 7 miles. Then take the highway 60 West exit and go west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (On 60 hwy on the left on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc. and you turn left here off 60 hwy.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most (log trucks and dump trucks) do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just around the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk. then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

If you are coming from St Louis take I-55 South to Festus/Crystal City area, (exit 174 I think) then take 67 South for about 110 miles and take 60 west exit for Springfield and then take the highway 60 West exit west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (on the right on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

You guys coming from KC area or areas west can hit 60 where ever you want from Springfield or further east like from Columbia or west St Louis suburbs area can come down 21 South to 60 and go east about 10 miles to 21 south and turn right on 21 and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

GPS:

36*53.8N
090*49.0W

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Way cool I would love to come. My Georgia Peach will come with me and if you want 18 lbs of barbequed pulled pork we can bring it.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Heck ya, you got my vote too!!! :D

Is it Southern style with Mustard? Most people back here would say Mustard is for burgers and hotdogs....but I never met a pig I didn't like.:D

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
......does Retired Reserve count for anything (other than the monthly check)?

ServPac, AE, Ops

ez

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I'd look forward to seeing you and the usual gang again! How is the grandson doing?

Do you have a range at the farm?

Bill

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
I'd look forward to seeing you and the usual gang again! How is the grandson doing?

Do you have a range at the farm?

Bill
Both Eli and Zander are growing like weeds, I may have to start teaching Eli how to drive the little tractor we have this summer.

I haven't had time to build actual range, and not sure I will because a friend of mine about 12 miles from here has a really nice range. My two main plinking guns around home is a 30 carbine and Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine and of course a couple 22's.

Not sure we can call this place a farm, but it's in the country so close enough I guess. ;)

Looking forward myself to see you and a few others that we haven't seen 5 or 6 years.

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Heck ya, you got my vote too!!! :D

Is it Southern style with Mustard? Most people back here would say Mustard is for burgers and hotdogs....but I never met a pig I didn't like.:D
As you are hosting it will be the Southern Style Mustard BBQ sauce. I will get a full Boston Butt, brine it for 48 hours in a sugar/salt brine. Slow cook until it falls apart then add the BBQ sauce. We have a big slow cooker that we bring to keep it warm.

Of course we will need a head count as one Boston Butt is about 9 lbs and our slow cooker can handle 18 lbs.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
As you are hosting it will be the Southern Style Mustard BBQ sauce. I will get a full Boston Butt, brine it for 48 hours in a sugar/salt brine. Slow cook until it falls apart then add the BBQ sauce. We have a big slow cooker that we bring to keep it warm.

Of course we will need a head count as one Boston Butt is about 9 lbs and our slow cooker can handle 18 lbs.
Count me as 2- I'm hungry already.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Road trips are always in order. I missed the last 1 or 2 so its time. I'm in.

Greg
Seems like it's been forever since seeing you Greg. It will be good seeing you again big guy. :D

I guess I'll post directions and info about motels, camp grounds and motor home parks. Will also advise about fuel cost local $2.44 currently here at the big LearJack in Ellsinore and $2.24 in Poplar Buff. Not to mention a couple fine eatery's near by.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I'm finally retired at 71. I still have a diesel. I love road trips and have an old friend somewhere in MO that I need to see as I haven't seen him in 20 years. That would be a good second visit for me. I was at Walt's old place a couple of times and would like to attend.

stevebanks

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Black; Audi Q5 TDI
It was great to see your post. I was able to "join" the group for the last 3 events and it would be great to get together again. It sounds like BBQ may be the plan for the day!! Maybe 2 or three of us KY boys can be there.

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
It would be a long trip for me, but I would try to come. You're a great host and the TDi fellowship will be great as well!

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Sounds like a good time!

Walt,

Thanks for the link concerning the potential 2015 ON GTG! Ian and I would love to come down and visit again. I will keep my eye on this thread for confirmation and further information concerning the GTG, so count us in!

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
We live about 6 miles outside a small town (446) called Ellsinore MO on CR 234 and GPS will actually get you to CR234 and our driveway.
GTG Saturday 17 OCT, 2015
Our place is actually easier to find then our house was in town, for some it will be 30 miles further and some 30 miles less.

If coming south from IL, the NE area of the US, or SE area of US such as Memphis, take I-55 or I-57 to US 60, and US 60 to Poplar Bluff, and if coming by I-55 go to the I-55 and US 60 interchange at Sikeston MO. Take the 60 West exit to Poplar Bluff, approx 52 miles. At the second Poplar Bluff exit overpass take the first exit 60/67 North to St Louis and go north about 7 miles and then take the highway 60 West exit and go west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (on the right on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

If coming in from the south of town on Hwy 67N take the bypass around Poplar Buff for about 5 or 6 miles till come to 67N exit to St Louis and then go north about 7 miles and then take the highway 60 West exit and go west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (on the right on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

If you are coming from St Louis take I-55 South to Festus/Crystal City area, (exit 174 I think) then take 67 South for about 110 miles and take 60 west exit for Springfield and then take the highway 60 West exit west about 20 miles to Ellsinore MO. Be careful here at this town as it is a speed trap and the city cop has quite a few hiding place along the mile or so of the highway he watches. Anyway continue on 60 West, don't turn off in Ellsinore except LearJack fuel center & motel if needing fuel or lodging for weekend. As you pass the fuel center go about 3 miles west to the highway 21 south (on the right on hill is a MODOT work center with fuel tanks, road repair materials etc.) make a left turn on to 21 south and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

You guys coming from KC area or areas west can hit 60 where ever you want from Springfield or further east like from Columbia or west St Louis suburbs area can come down 21 South to 60 and go east about 10 miles to 21 south and turn right on 21 and go 2 miles down 21 to K highway on your left (it's about 25 yards past a saw mill) turn left on to K highway. Be careful here and don't cut the apex of the turn as it's at curve and top of a hill, even though a 55mph zone most do 65 or 70mph down the highway. After turning on to K highway go one (1) mile to CR234 it's a dirt/gravel road on right at 3rd curve, the road sign is small and on the stop sign pole and easy missed. Go about 40 feet to curve and just past the curve is a road by the mail boxes to left that follows power and telephone lines down the hill past a open area that full of junk then up the hill and turn right and go thru the wooded drive to house.

GPS:

36*53.8192N
090*49.0017W

Home Phone 573-322-0150

Last edited:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Walt:

He is a lot different than the last time you saw him over at Leeann & Bill's place, but I think you would still recognize him. How about your two boys? I'll bet they're both sprouting up like weeds in the springtime. BTW, is your house the one with the darker grey roof and the circular drive that runs all the way around it? I just wanted to know whether I picked out the right house on Google Earth.

Dan

Last edited: