Omaha, NE chat thread

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Bump! I'm still Zoom'n in my MK6 TDI 6MT as well!!! My radio just **** the bed, got another coming. MrRogers, do you do AC work? Mine went out 2 years ago, and I've just been sucking it up (drove a jeep for many years, AC is taking the top off).
We haven't (I've done the same in my Golf, no A/C, no care. We don't have the tools to test parts but replacing and having dealer fill or a shop could be a possibility.

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
Hey guys any recommendations for timing belt, key fob and key fob programming? I’m preparing for our MK4’s absolutely horrible timing that it’ll need stuff done when I can’t just shove it’s ass in the garage or do it in the driveway. So far I’m winning in horrible timing car repairs with Navigator brake line busted at its frame and had to repair it right when I was supposed to be towing with the dumb thing. Engine coolant temp sensor (with surprise flush and fill), glow plugs, and EGR cleaning for the Jetta. Son did ask for “experience” gifts this year to learn how to fix “his” car. It’s trying to accommodate him.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys any recommendations for timing belt, key fob and key fob programming? I’m preparing for our MK4’s absolutely horrible timing that it’ll need stuff done when I can’t just shove it’s ass in the garage or do it in the driveway. So far I’m winning in horrible timing car repairs with Navigator brake line busted at its frame and had to repair it right when I was supposed to be towing with the dumb thing. Engine coolant temp sensor (with surprise flush and fill), glow plugs, and EGR cleaning for the Jetta. Son did ask for “experience” gifts this year to learn how to fix “his” car. It’s trying to accommodate him.
I'd try https://www.tunemyeuro.com/keys/ for key fobs and programming should be able to be done with vagcom for the MK4 keys. You can also order timing belt kit from them OR check out https://www.cascadegerman.com/ as he has amazing prices on most things but TB kits especially.

Good Luck!

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
So there’s at least three Jettas between U Pull It South and North good for some body parts. I did keep old fender so I can rebuild that area for when the other one gets smashed. The 16 year old is driving it now so it doesn’t hurt to have parts on hand. Did this over Memorial Day weekend with teen. Just have to polish it once I get go ahead to use orbital again from surgeon (had carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve releases the day after fender went back on).

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
So there’s at least three Jettas between U Pull It South and North good for some body parts. I did keep old fender so I can rebuild that area for when the other one gets smashed. The 16 year old is driving it now so it doesn’t hurt to have parts on hand. Did this over Memorial Day weekend with teen. Just have to polish it once I get go ahead to use orbital again from surgeon (had carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve releases the day after fender went back on).
Nice find and thank you for sharing! We need more of these shares, it's so hit or miss looking for parts and I know some of us have to be in those yards more often than others.

Anyhow, not sure if you fellas been up to anything fun but me and my wrenching buddy had a "two timing belt Tuesday" yesterday and banged out a MK6 and MK7 Tb job last night along with oil change and fuel filter (had air already in).

Take care everyone!

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
any tdi gurus in omaha that might be able to look at a tdi for sale for me for a price?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
any tdi gurus in omaha that might be able to look at a tdi for sale for me for a price?
Where is the car?

PM with details, I'm sure we could work something out. Alternatively, I have had VW dealership go through cars before I buy when I can't lay eyes on myself until getting there to buy. One thing is for sure, they will point out EVERY little thing. It's usually $150 or so IIRC.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Where is the car?

PM with details, I'm sure we could work something out. Alternatively, I have had VW dealership go through cars before I buy when I can't lay eyes on myself until getting there to buy. One thing is for sure, they will point out EVERY little thing. It's usually $150 or so IIRC.
baxter of omaha quoted 300 for the 2 hr inspection and free for tires and oil check... little bit of range in price and depth lol.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
baxter of omaha quoted 300 for the 2 hr inspection and free for tires and oil check... little bit of range in price and depth lol.
I'm picturing the "tires and oil check" in my mind... Tech pulls car out of drop off bay, parks, gets out and kicks each tire (check, check, check and check... GOOD!) then pops hood, pulls dipstick (yup, it's got oil in it... GOOD!) then pulls around building and tells customer everything is good. :LOL: I can tell you, the last time I had one done (not here in Omaha but in Indiana were I got my 200k mile Golf TDI and PA where we got my daughters 300k mile Jetta) the list of things they go through/went through is pretty exhaustive (at least the list they "should" go through) and covers it all. You'll know what you are getting yourself into, for better or worse and 2hr labor does feel about right.

In all seriousness though, the other place I'd consider (mentioned in or chat) for anyone else that might need this service is Mike over at Experior. He's a great guy to deal with, is very knowledgeable and I would trust my cars (if I ever had to trust someone else with working on them) to him. I know he does a used car check so try him and let us know how it goes. https://experiorservice.com/

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
So everyone keep an eye out for a beetle TDI in ALH or BEW please! My 15 year old might bury her cousin to take his. She’s got a car waiting but would love a beetle that will last her.

Other side of this, guess I’m going to figure out how to do timing belts in the ALH beetle and the BEW Jetta.