SF / Bay Area Spring Fest 2012 - Swap Meet

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
In the past there was some interest in bringing VW Tdi items to the GTG's in order to make them available to other's attendees at attractive prices:

Let's make a list of items that might be available for purchase or trade:

NachtRitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 5MT
I've got a few things I will bring along:
- 2003 Jetta stock smic
- 2000 Jetta glovebox (repaired hinge)
- 2000 Jetta 4-spoke steering wheel with airbag
- 2000 Jetta OEM headlights ... need polishing

Things I could use for my 2000 Jetta:
- A couple of decent OEM hubcaps (the ones with the half-circle slots near the edge)
- Engine cover
- Battery cover

Not looking to get a lot for my used parts, and hoping not to lay out a lot for the parts I need... :)

02AutoWag

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon (5-speed swapped)
I've got a few things I will bring along:
- 2003 Jetta stock smic
- 2000 Jetta glovebox (repaired hinge)
- 2000 Jetta 4-spoke steering wheel with airbag
- 2000 Jetta OEM headlights ... need polishing

Things I could use for my 2000 Jetta:
- A couple of decent OEM hubcaps (the ones with the half-circle slots near the edge)
- Engine cover
- Battery cover

Not looking to get a lot for my used parts, and hoping not to lay out a lot for the parts I need... :)
Is your glovebox black in color?
Let me look through my collection of hub caps.
Possible trade?

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
For trade: Wife, low mileage, speaks several languages, "low maintenance", come with baggage (2 children) and a container full of junk.

Will consider low mileage, no baggage, no container. Must be of the same sex as my wife :p.

Must love Tdi's, understand car mechanics, must not be afraid of speed, must know how to drive without riding the clutch. Sense of humor a plus. If looking good when working on a car a huge plus.

Will consider cash and vehicles trades in exchange!

Goods will be on display during the GTG.

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Urgently looking to place with in a great and more economical situation. All trades considered ...

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
...bringing back this thread from the throws of bad jokes and deeply rooted marital issues...but yeah...I'll throw my family into the ring here for sale/for trade...

I have a full set of black velor heated seats from a 2001 Golf GL. No rips No tears...good condition. Comes w/ head rests. I'd rather not have to pack the 2 rather large boxes that they are in (in addition to Andrews 4 Monte Carlos) if nobody wants them, so PM me if you are interested.
Pictures of the seats here:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Wife and Children still available for a fair price or product trade!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Must be of the same sex as my wife :p.

Must love Tdi's, understand car mechanics, must not be afraid of speed, must know how to drive without riding the clutch. Sex of humor a plus. If looking good when working on a car a huge plus.
So no, she-male's? What about the "Sex of humor?" a laughing, joke-telling cootch?! :eek: haha... a back-talking P^$$Y....eeee! :eek:

tomotdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS, '00 Golf GL auto/5sp swap, '03 GL wagon ,
Free to new home - complete black cloth seat set w/ headrests, fully functional, not heated. From 2003 Jetta wagon, need cleaning. Suspect PO carried cars seats, occupied. Spill evidence, but not stinky. Spouse NOT included, sorry no trade offers for her either.

02AutoWag

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon (5-speed swapped)
Free to new home - complete black cloth seat set w/ headrests, fully functional, not heated. From 2003 Jetta wagon, need cleaning. Suspect PO carried cars seats, occupied. Spill evidence, but not stinky. Spouse NOT included, sorry no trade offers for her either.
Do want. Just need the back wagon seats specifically.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
check with Bleached Bora when you get at the GTG; he will have fuel filters for sale!

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
I know it's kind of late (almost too late), but does anyone have a spare (must be new) fuel filter I can buy?
Yeah...I'm sure BB will come stocked w/ all that stuff.

For future reference, I don't know about other biodiesel stations, but Dog Patch Biofuels in SF usually has a small stock of few fuel filters, oil filters and oil for the MKIV platform....If don't have the time or patience to wait for your online order to come.