My 00'

Driximus

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
Been Trolling the site for years now, This is one of the best community resource sites. Big thanks to everyone who has contributed.

So here is what I finally ended up getting, 2000 Jetta TDI 5 speed.

so far it has been a mechanical nightmare but after getting all the maintanance caught up here is what was done.
intake/head de-gunked
EGR setup removed
complete front suspension
driver and passenger axles
water pump
rear main seal
clutch
brakes and rotors
oil cooler
misc interior (still not done)
replaced turbo
serpentine belt
misc wire repair
replaced headlights with factory take offs that someone upgraded from (midwest headlights in plans)
17" wheels
225 45 tires

I imagine tuning and nozzles will be next but im gonna wait till after Christmas.

the turbo was one of the last things I was just about at the end of my line when the factory one went. I Pondered on it for a few months before proceding, 250k on the factory turbo seemed pretty good.
I picked the car up fairly cheap and when my time machine is complete, in gonna go back and pick a diffirent green TDI haha. but its a great car now i get 44 city putting to work and back.

Last edited:

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Nice find. Once you have the car fairly straightened out (and it sounds like you are there) it should be a nice ride. Hope you have it for many years, mileage like that is pretty good and will seem all that better when fuel prices go up again.

Driximus

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
indeed, I was driving a 95 wrangler 4 cylinder turning 35's from the 12ish mpg 44 city is pretty nice.