gray/black.
no issues
all records
somewhere around 33k
car has been serviced and garaged since new
sitting in springfield mo
any interest feel free to ask
if i have done anything wrong=sorry
Are you offering it up for sale? If so, I suggest you post your buyback price because there are people looking for a nice sportwagen...

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Are you offering it up for sale? If so, I suggest you post your buyback price because there are people looking for a nice sportwagen...
"Somewhere around 33k" - I think that's his price

trip'n-tdi

TDI
99.5 golf gls
its what ever vw says
approx. 33k = +-
no extra
kinda sad....its a great car...just going to go another direction
planning on submitting the final paperwork this week

trip'n-tdi

TDI
99.5 golf gls
platinum gray metallic
titan black
lighting package
6-speed automatic transmission.......... ...... 33,260.00

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Unfortunately for a retail buyer these cars aren't worth anywhere near what VW is paying for them. For similar money you could get a CPO BMW 328d Wagon.

trip'n-tdi

TDI
99.5 golf gls
o yes ...understand completely on the price thing..
one of the reasons we are turning back in
ooops gotta ad the bosch 350.00

its sad at the dealership grave yard ...

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Great looking car !!
I would have loved to have bought one like that brand new in 2015.
I would have driven the daylights out of it, and then sold it back to VW today for nearly the original MSRP.

I sure can't blame anyone who wants to sell their 2009-2015 TDI back as VW is paying very good money to get them off of the market. It is really sad because that was an awesome car !

I for one, would have loved to have seen VW and the EPA/CARB test the emissions standards on that car combined with a full tank of BP Premier ULSD with blended B20% soy biodiesel. I would almost bet $ with the B20; it would have met the emissions requirements as fuel quality in North America leaves a bit to be desired.

HMMM- Why did we never see that specific car offered here as a turbo diesel combined with battery / electric hybrid technology ?
I heard there were a few TDI (diesel and electric) Hybrid sportwagens lurking around Germany and that 95-100 mpg was not uncommon for them with manual transmissions.

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Unfortunately for a retail buyer these cars aren't worth anywhere near what VW is paying for them. For similar money you could get a CPO BMW 328d Wagon.
Yes, however, one would only pay the $33k up front becasue (if the fix wasn't applied yet), the fix money would go to the new owner... and that brings it back to reality. Correct?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Half of the fix money would go to the new owner, if the current owner claims the other half, as I understand it. And I'm not sure what the fix money is, but if it's in the $8K range and if it all went to the new owner, that car is still not worth $25K. 60% of MSRP would be reasonable, or about $20K.

trip'n-tdi

TDI
99.5 golf gls
all i know is that the paperwork has been submitted and confirmation email from vw accepted.
thanks for jumping in and making everything so clear indigo.
so ... are your parts worth more or less now

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Parts are worth the same, AFAIK. A fair number of people are keeping these cars and either ignoring the fix and restitution or waiting for a fix and a payout, if it happens. And if a fix happens and the bought back cars are resold, then we'll be selling more parts. :D

trip'n-tdi

TDI
99.5 golf gls
i would think all the cars being turned in and my understanding that they cant be resold in the usa .... a surplus of parts on hand would be worth less.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Not true. They can't be sold unless they're fixed. A fix is already approved for the '15s so it's reasonably certain that they'll be fixed and resold, after the cars in owners' hands are fixed. The remaining '15s on dealer lots will be sold, too, or so I've been told as recently as last Friday.

A fix is reportedly near on the Gen 1 and 2 cars, and VW has staged over $100M in repair parts in its depots across the US. So those cars may soon follow into the CPO and auction market.

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
Not true. They can't be sold unless they're fixed. A fix is already approved for the '15s so it's reasonably certain that they'll be fixed and resold, after the cars in owners' hands are fixed. The remaining '15s on dealer lots will be sold, too, or so I've been told as recently as last Friday.

A fix is reportedly near on the Gen 1 and 2 cars, and VW has staged over $100M in repair parts in its depots across the US. So those cars may soon follow into the CPO and auction market.
That's good to know IndigoBlue...b/c whilst my 06 is @ the dealer for the remaining corrosion repairs { YEA!} the service manager seemed to think that VW would just ship them off to South America and sell them there!!
There's such a subculture here, it'd be a shame for them to be shipped off to points asunder...

BTW do you know what "the fix" entails?!?

RyanNAtl

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Great looking ride, just curious, why not take the fix, the $5100 cash and then sell the car at a price that others would be more willing to pay?

Would be nice to see such a great vehicle kept on the road and it's questionable what VW is actually going to do with all the vehicles they buy back.