rear washer nozzle still leaking???

drew1202

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Do any of your replaced washer nozzles leak still? Mine still does for roughly 3 days after use, it has started to stain my back window.

Hvacrmike70

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG
I had mine replaced a week after I bought my car in October 2014,but the new nozzle didn't work. I just stop using mine so it doesn't leak.

drew1202

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
my new nozzle worked just as bad as the original, only difference is the spray is more of a fan than a dribble. I dont know if the tech didnt install it properly or it wasnt a proper fix. Im just trying to get a consensus on here.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
I had mine looked at very early on. Maybe August or September of last year. The dealer didn't just install a new nozzle, but installed a check valve back near the nozzle.

It basically just limits the amount of fluid that can possibly flow without added pressure, thus limiting the amount of drippage that's possible. I still get a few drops after using the washer.

It seemed like my dealer had experience using this fix for older cars with downward facing sprayers.

Last edited:

drew1202

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I see, my dealer doesnt seem very eager to correct the drip, they simply just say that they performed the tech tip and that there is nothing more that they can do. I think I will try another dealership, I just hate waiting around. I will recommend a check valve though.

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
I had mine replaced today, I now have the added feature of fluid both on the rear window and inside the hatch.

kranzandrew

TDI
MKVII 2015 Golf TDI S, Mk IV 2005 Jetta TDI PD, 1997 B4 Passat TDI 5speed Bio
I had mine done it drips less but I also have the stain on my window from it. And I only use water in my washer fluid, so the stain is from their first fill that I finished within a week.