Chapin, SC GTG Jan 30, 2010

cvoharley

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
We just got home after spending the night down in Aynor. It was wonderful to meet all of you. Dan and Debbie, you are the most gracious of hosts. Thank you to all that helped make out first GTG a welcoming experience.

AJ & Linda

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
I made it back to the great frozen north today around 4:30PM. As expected the interstates and major highways were clear and dry. Only the last mile or so was a mess of packed snow and ice.

Thank you Dan, Debbie and Zeb for opening your home to all of us. It was a great experience as usual, too bad the weather kept some at home. We will see you all at the next one.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Just made it back to Portland, thanks Dan for a great GTG! I enjoyed connecting up with old friends and meeting new ones--although I promised Dan's wife I'd bring my wife next time :).

My flight home got canceled once I reached Charlotte, spent the night there and ended up being routed all over the country to make it back here, but it was still worth it.

Take care and until next time!
-BB

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Just wanted to say that it was great talking to everyone. Glad to hear all the safe arivals at home.

Mike, Landon, Jeff, Great meeting you guys, I'm not so good with names, but a few stuck with me.

EngineerOrange, thanks for the pig cookin' and everyone who brought fixins'.

See you at the next one.

MKIInut

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Spice Red
Awesome time!! Ready for another

I had a great time. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new. Dan,Debbie and Zeb once again thanks for the gracious hospitality and opening your home up to all. Hope we didn't track to much mud and gunk into the house.
Aaron "so you goin' to be like that??
John glad I could save you a few pennies at the dealership.
Julien thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories from Europe. I feel kinda homesick even though Europe is not home for me. One day I'll go back. That wagen is sick. I wish I had the energy time and motivation to do that much work in two weeks and have balls enough to make a trip in the car just hours after getting it together.
Aaron (Boraparts)- Thanks for making the long haul for us and bringing along some great parts for our cars. It always feels good to get home after a long trip and glad it went good for you eventhough it took some extra time. Maybe next time you're just get a sunburn.
You know I grew up when barbeque is katsup based but you guys did some awesome Vinegar based pig. Hope to see you all again in the summer either in Chapin or asheville(just not the 1st weekend in June).
Landon hope the shoulder gets better.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
home yesterday in Hickory,NC...as others roads were in good shape until its time to get close to the house....2 hrs of shoveling snow and ice finally got the car garaged....think we had 8" snow with some ice on top...the hill up to the house turned into the local sleding run...

Dan, thanks for the hospitality, despite the weather it was still a good turnout and very productive ....sorry about the no-shows but thats understandable...
Thanks Robbie for the "special" help....
Thanks to Wade for the BBQ ...
Zeb w/the fire.....

great to see and talk with everyone again...

regards to all
bd

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
hey everybody It seems as though I lost my wallet at the GTG. if you could check your cars for a black bifold wallet. I'm oing back to Dan's today to look for it on the ground.

WOW great turnout even with the weather. Food Fun and Fellowship with lots of wrenchin, I think I only sat down for 15 minutes all day. Wade thanks for the pig pickin it was great i'm still munching on the leftovers.

To the Goldstons (Dan Debbie and Zeb) thank you for allowing a bunch of diesel blooded folks to invade your home. Southern hospitality has no better ambassadors than your family.

robtechno

TDI
2015 Golf 2.0 TDI.Sport wagen 53K. Previously a Jetta 06 with 205K. A5-BRM,
Dan and Family,
Thank you very much for having us at the G2G at your place. It was my first one and I hope more to come at your place and in the area like Asheville and Florida. I had a little trouble coming home, but finally I made it. Every one else thanks for the helping hands and it was a real pleasure meeting all off you.

Robert

eurojulien

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
02 Golf
Dan thank you and your family for all your hospitality. I hope to see everyone back in Asheville!!

Julien

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Do to the bad weather several people could not come, and some that did make it did not get their desired work done.

Please PM me if you want to try again on some other date. I track this kind of work on this thread Doin's at Dan's.

Remember folks that the overall plan is for the owner to bring the instructions for the jobs (though you are welcome to use my Bentley Manuals for simpler jobs), parts for the jobs, and we help them do the jobs. This is not a drive up and drop it off freebie. When we get done, you should be capable of doing the job by yourself, and help others do it at a future GTG.

We simply supply the tools, manuals, some insight and experience to help guide you.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
Thanks very much Dan, Debbie and Zeb for such allowing us in your home. I would also like to thank Robbie for helping me with my EGR delete and I promise the next GTG my stubborn little car should have very little work needed (hopefully). Otherwise the car is amazing and I have to watch my right foot when driving after cleaning the intake. I just have one question.. where can I get some Kroil? I think I am going to slowly start working the bolts in the engine bay to get rid of some of the corrosion thats built up over the years. Thanks again Dan and hopefully someday we can return the favor.

Diesel Man

TDI
2013 Jetta Wagon TDI
I as well had a great time. My son had a blast collecting and burning wood. I for the most part stayed with the guys working on their brakes. Learned a lot. Next time I plan to work on my own brakes. Thanks for everything.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Did anyone make it home with an extra torque wrench?

I am not able to find my small torque wrench, it is either 1/4" drive or 3/8" drive and about 0-200 inch pounds. Craftsman. Chrome and black, broken lock ring.

It may be kicked under something, but we have looked for two hours - no joy.

Dan