www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old Today, 10:35   #226
360gtracer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist296 View Post
I am with you on phase 2 had mine done the end of May, my mileage has gone up a consistent 2-4 a gallon. I will be making a trip to Nashville and back to the Chicago area early july, but with the amount I drive to gigs I am averaging in the area of 48-52 and that is hand calculated.
I've not seen so much of an increase in MPG, but have noticed it's been pretty consistently the same as before. Performance (torque, mainly) seems like it *might* be down a tiny bit - or that could just be my fear of decreased performance. But yes, 48-52 is just about the range I've been experiencing (also hand calculated - the dashboard display is wildly optimistic!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by demagxc View Post
If your state took money from VW then you absolutely have an option. Unless you live in one of the few states that refused a payout from VW, then you can choose to do nothing and keep driving your unfixed car. They CAN NOT stop you from registering your car or penalize you in any way for not doing the fix. This is all laid out in the settlement documents.
And here I thought I had read the settlement docs pretty closely. Apparently not. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqboy View Post
So what's the mileage/performance like after the Stage 2 fix?
See above - really not all that different for me. Thankfully. Whew!

FWIW - I've put about three fill-ups through since PH 2 was completed. And one 1K mile round-trip from here in Central VA to Central NY and back. But even around town seems to still be pretty good (even better than after PH 1 was done).
'15 GSW - blue/beige/6sp - 30K/yr, avg ~50mpg
'12 Passat SEL - Ti/Nav/DSG - used w/ 72K miles
360gtracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:20   #227
bizzle
Veteran Member

I couldn't wait to get out of my "loaner," which was Hertz giving me a "choice" between a yaris or versa.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53   #228
dubStrom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
I couldn't wait to get out of my "loaner," which was Hertz giving me a "choice" between a yaris or versa.
A used Golf or Jetta off the lot was not a better proposition from the dealer's perspective because VW is probably taking a volume discount contract from a big rental company for loaner. Imagine that.

Dodge gave me a new Cherokee when I went in for airbag replacement on my Ram 2500.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=472257

Last edited by dubStrom; Today at 12:59.
dubStrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:15   #229
bizzle
Veteran Member

All the dealers around me that I've asked have always used rental companies for their loaners. This has been going on for many years and isn't specific to dieselgate so I wasn't expecting anything different this time around
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:27   #230
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

Our dealer is a big conglomerate with VW, Toyota, Subaru, Dodge, Jeep, etc., etc. stores all over the Baltimore area, and they have an on site Enterprise agent. My last loaner was a Tiguan demo unit.
Old Today, 14:14   #231
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
Our dealer is a big conglomerate with VW, Toyota, Subaru, Dodge, Jeep, etc., etc. stores all over the Baltimore area, and they have an on site Enterprise agent. My last loaner was a Tiguan demo unit.
I have no bone in this 2015 stuff as I have a Gen 2 2014. When I took it in for the fix they(EVS Menomonee Falls WI) gave me a 2017 GSW Altrak as a loaner for the day they took to install my fix. BTW I'm happy with it and the cash was just one more bonus after the 2 $500 cards and the Bosch money.. I bought the car new for cash and it's like now I only paid $18k for the car when new. The car has 44k on it now. No issues with the fix except warm up time. I also got an extended warranty on just about anything except the transmission. The buyback looked very good but I still have a very nice car without all this 2015 banter about how 2015 is a great car but a unicorn and everybody trying to devise a long-term warranty plan to their benefit.

Last edited by MichaelB; Today at 14:25.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote