relay 384 replaced, still no A/C? what next?

zindude

TDI
2004 Passat TDI Wagon BS upgrade, EVO skid plate, Koni FSD, Blue euro mirrors, Rocketchip 1+, Euro headlight switch, convience blinker kit(not installed.) 88K
Replaced the relay and continue to lack cold air. Any suggestions as to what the next step should be? Fan runs, compressor turns. Recharge? Can I buy some refrigerant and charge system myself? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. It is starting to get hot here in Paso Robles!

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
When you say "replaced relay", was it new or a "guaranteed working" used one?

zindude

TDI
2004 Passat TDI Wagon BS upgrade, EVO skid plate, Koni FSD, Blue euro mirrors, Rocketchip 1+, Euro headlight switch, convience blinker kit(not installed.) 88K
New relay. Turned out to be a hole in the condenser, ouch! $600. Got a spare relay now though!

Sloppy Snood

Veteran Member
TDI
Passsat
New relay. Turned out to be a hole in the condenser, ouch! $600. Got a spare relay now though!
Hi zindude. If you would not mind, please post a picture of the old condenser with the hole in it. I am curious as to where the hole is physically located on the condenser itself. If someone else is doing the work, please ask for the old condenser part in order to photograph. Thank you! :)