FT: 2005 jetta wagon 5spd with 62k motor for AUTO GOLF/WAGON

TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
Im getting a job in the city and NEED TO GET AN AUTO. ive tried driving through nyc for the last 2000 miles and i want to shoot myself!

i would like to trade for an AUTO golf or jetta wagon. i prefer alh. i will accept vehicles that need work as long as we meet at a good price (i add money or you add money depending on the vehicle).

i bought this car with a blown motor and 245k on the clock. the po just replaced the turbo and did timing belt but it looks like the tech boched the job and it slipped timing. this car comes with a THICK folder of receipts.

2005 jetta wagon tdi gls
5 speed manual
gold/beige color with black velour interior
monsoon double din stereo
sunroof
heated seats
esp traction control
tow hitch

replaced motor with one that has 62,000 miles (have receipt).
trans replaced within the last year (have receipt)

other things ive done:

timing belt with all pullies and tensioners
accessory belt (squeeks cause i got a bit of oil on it )
clutch sachs clutch with single mass conversion
bilstine hd shocks all around
michalin mx4v tires all around
brake pads and rotors all around
control arm bushings (tt)
strut tops
sway bar bushings
fuel filter
air filter
oil change/filter
trans fluid change
front windshield
fuel pump seal
tail lights
rear wiper motor
thermostat
fresh air intake seal
rocketchip 1+ software (car is quick)
vnt17 turbo (with properly working actuator)
replaced downpipe with straight pipe (still retains o2 sensor)

the bad:

car is not supper pretty.

rust along the arch of the drivers front fender as well as on the rear hatch
some spots on the headliner
rust on exhaust tips (muffler and all piping is fine) is fine.
curbs on some of the wheels

the good (besides all the new parts):

starts first crank
NO SMOKE
drives like new
seats, carpet, door panels, dash all look great
cup holder and glove box both work!

no pics at the moment. i have been in school and have not had a change to detail the inside since i have put her together.

sylvia

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon 5-spd
Hahaha! Try driving a '96 Jetta manual (non-TDI) in bridge-and-tunnel NYC summer traffic with no A/C and 2 kids. You will learn the meaning of "I want to shoot myself".

But seriously, I understand. Sorry I don't have anything to offer but sympathy. I mean, I'm looking for a Jetta wagon 5-spd, but I don't have anything (worthwhile) to trade.

G'luck!

Masonjar

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GL
Colleague at work just got her front fenders and hatch replaced under the rust TSB/warranty that should cover you for 12 year unlimited miles.

Andrew

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
i would like to trade for an AUTO golf or jetta wagon. i prefer alh. i will accept vehicles that need work as long as we meet at a good price (i add money or you add money depending on the vehicle).
FYI, ALH is the only TDI engine that got bolted to the craptastic POS 01M.

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
Too bad I swapped mine to manual last summer.. This would have been an awesome trade for both of us :(

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
i have a good trans guy here locally that will rebuild and warranty the work. ive sold him an auto wagon years ago that he fixed and he still drives it with no problems.

i would really love to just buy a golf/wagon with a blown trans to fix...

also alh with o1m will still net better fuel econ over the bew w/auto.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have several customers that say otherwise as they've owned both (BEW and ALH both slushboxes). I always figured it was the extra gear. Granted this is mostly highway driving though.

Either way, if I had to have a slushbox, it would not be anything with an 01M. :eek:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
i have a good trans guy here locally that will rebuild and warranty the work. ive sold him an auto wagon years ago that he fixed and he still drives it with no problems.

i would really love to just buy a golf/wagon with a blown trans to fix...

also alh with o1m will still net better fuel econ over the bew w/auto.
All I can say is that the valve body on a 01M alone is $1500 and is a commonly failed part. It really does not pay to rebuild these units because by the time you buy the parts necessary for a proper rebuild, it almost as much as a complete reman trans from VW which is not cheap.

I would suggest if you have to get an auto, buy a 04/05 wagon with the BEW/09A. Far better transmission than the 01M.

TDI
thanks for all your imput guys. im well aware of the failure points and whatnot. ive owned quite a few tdi's myself. for me, its worth it to have an alh engine and live with a o1m. this is my personal preference. like i said before, i would work with a bew/09a if the such a vehicle would present itself.