Steering Controls and Horn do not work

Rplora

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI black
Hello all
So my steering controls and horn do not work. I replaced the clock spring and nothing changed. I then ran it through VCDS and it does not show up at all, like it's not even connected. No error code or anything. Any pointers for me? It's a 2002 Jetta tdi. Original steering wheel as far as I know. It came with an aftermarket radio and I did switch it out to a double din last night and I noticed a blue connecter with wires that was running next to the stereo harness but didn't connect to anything.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'd start by checking the fuses. If the steering column control module is bad, I'd cruise eBay for a replacement.

-J

Rplora

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI black
I'd start by checking the fuses. If the steering column control module is bad, I'd cruise eBay for a replacement.

-J
Fuses are all good. Is the steering column control module the same as the 451 relay?

Rplora

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI black
Ugh. I texted the previous owner and asked him again if the steering wheel was original or not. He said that it was not. I looked at the relays and here is no place to plug the relay into. Duh. No wonder it wasn't popping up on my vcds. Oh well. I'm in the market for a standard steering wheel now. Anyone want to buy a multi function steering wheel? Great condition.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Ah that explains it.... I guess he wanted leather? :crazy:

There are leather non-button steering wheels available.

-J