My 15 TDI SEL DSG

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Blue Silk Golf TDI SEL
Love this car. And I'm still not done with it. Enjoy!

Euro Electric folding mirrors
Euro switch
Euro LED tails with rear fog
LED front blinkers
Front clear bra
GTI exhaust with faux APR tips
Gauge sweep VCDS
Window close when raining VCDS
Window close with fob VCDS
Fob activated while car is running VCDS
GTD key fobs
Euro warning triangle
ECS black washer fluid cap
GTI sport pedals
LED fog lights

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
What options does the Euro Switch give you when installed on a Mk7 TDI with the Lighting Package?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Are there any benefits on installing the switch on a stock car with no intention of adding rear Euro lights/rear fog?

What are considered parking lights on the Mk7 Golf with lighting package? The DRLs?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Are there any benefits on installing the switch on a stock car with no intention of adding rear Euro lights/rear fog?

What are considered parking lights on the Mk7 Golf with lighting package? The DRLs?

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI

Not really. The parking lights with the LP is the DRLs at their full brightness, the little small light on the inner part of headlight and then of course the amber marker lights.

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks great!

what else do you have planned for it?

Thanks!

Looking to do the re-wiring for the rear orange blinker to work.

Maybe an intake. Not too sure about a tune just yet. Plus, they are not out yet.

If they make a scrape pan for underneath I'll really consider lowering it with the ECS flush kit.

I'm sure I'll add more cosmetic stuff as it comes out.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Thanks for the info!

If you are feeling adventurous could you take a few pics of the car with the switch in the parking light position with fogs?

Last edited:

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
Here ya go!

First one is parking lights and fog. No headlights.

This one is with blinker on. The U shaped DRLS dims.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Are you running the deAutoKey LED front turn signals?

What are your opinions?

I have them in one of Mk6 cars and I am happy with them but it looks like the actual housing for the Mk7 is smaller, does it affect the brightness? Are they are bright as stock?

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
Are you running the deAutoKey LED front turn signals?

What are your opinions?

I have them in one of Mk6 cars and I am happy with them but it looks like the actual housing for the Mk7 is smaller, does it affect the brightness? Are they are bright as stock?

I am.

And I'll be honest, I wish they were brighter. But, the small housing does not allow that to happen. They do have a lot of LEDs on the bulb, but they can only do so much to also have the resistor in there to make them error free. I honestly don't think they'll be able to get it any brighter. I only bought them to be 100% LED all around. Hope this helps.

MrBill767

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
nice seats

Just got my 15 yesterday. Didn't have the option of the seats you got. Either solid or a checkerboard pattern. Have a fully loaded LE so what happened???

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
Just got my 15 yesterday. Didn't have the option of the seats you got. Either solid or a checkerboard pattern. Have a fully loaded LE so what happened???

Not sure? The two tone Quartz gray is only available on the SEL.